Maurice Mann is expected to return to the Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL today. The wide receiver was cut by the Redskins on August 30th, and despite having a good training camp, received no NFL offers after being cut.
Mann said to Sun Media:
“It is a humbling experience. But at the same time it is a learning experience. I don’t really think it is based on my talent as a receiver. It is based upon a numbers game and the time being right.”
Best of luck to Maurice.
Redskin training camp favorite Billy McMullen was also picked up by the Seattle Seahawks, who have major injury issues at wide receiver. Check out Matt Teri’s blog at The Official Redskins Blog.
More By Mark Solway
- Flashback Friday: This Day in 1962 - September 23rd, 2016
- Flashback Friday: This Day in 1937 - Smith and Baugh - September 16th, 2016
- Flashback Friday: This Day in 1969 - September 9th, 2016
- Will The Redskins Repeat As NFC East Champions? - August 12th, 2016
- Important Takeaways From Preseason Game 1 - August 12th, 2016