The Redskins have signed more special teams competition in the form of journeyman kicker Dave Rayner and Canadian Football League star kick returner Dominique Dorsey.
Rayner was originally drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in 2005 but had his most productive season with the Green Bay Packers in 2006, scoring 109 points.
Dorsey won the CFL’s Outstanding Special Teams Player award, along with several other pieces of hardware in a 2008 season that saw him lead the CFL with 2,892 all-purpose yards despite missing five games with an ankle injury.
Arguably his most memorable play came from a 129-yard missed field goal return for a touchdown in 2007 in his first game with the Toronto Argonauts.
For more on these moves, please check out:
More By Jake Russell
- Redskins Free Agency Tracker 2014 – Day 1 - March 11th, 2014
- Redskins Preparing for Free Agency - March 10th, 2014
- Redskins Hire Jay Gruden as Head Coach - January 9th, 2014
- Redskins Continue to Expand Coaching Search - January 4th, 2014
- Redskins Set Sights on Bevell, McDermott - January 1st, 2014