Last week I wrote a blog called Twitter Me This, that detailed three separate incidents in the NFL last week. It was of particular interest to Redskin fans, because of the involvement of rookie Robert Henson – a now retired Twitterer..er.
This week, it was a former Redskin making noise on Twitter. Lavar Arrington had some choice things to Tweet.
Lavar always tells it like it is – much to the chagrin of a lot of Redskin fans. Anybody paying attention knows that there’s always a lot truth to what he has to say.
It’s amazing to me, to think of Lavar pounding away all of those thoughts into his cell phone. Oh how the times they are a changing.
Dan Steinburg did a great job of putting the Tweets into a more readable manner on his D.C. Sports Bog, so you can check it out there too.
There was another interesting NFL and Twitter based story this week as well. After Terrell Owens didn’t catch a single ball in Buffalo’s 27-7 loss to New Orleans on Sunday, many might have guessed that somehow the volatile receiver would perhaps be… disgruntled.
Owens chose Twitter to vent a little frustration in the direction of Rodney Harrison. Harrison you may remember, was also in a Twitter Incident last week; well he wasn’t involved, but he was involved. Okay that’s confusing, check last week’s blog to understand; this week, Harrison was involved in a Twitter incident.
Owens tweeted about Harrison: “Anybody tht using steroids, yes STEROIDS rodney, is a cheater & cheated the game!”
Owens comments were a reaction to something Harrison, now on NBC’s ‘Football Night in America,’ said after the Bills loss to the Saints; that Owens is “more concerned with his own stats than the team’s success.”
Owens went on to Tweet, “Hey rodney! Send me sum steroids 2 the Bills facility next week!”
Will they help you catch a ball, Terrell?
Don’t you just love that synapse of sensibility that Twitter erases? Gone are the days of taking deep breaths and catching yourself, before you respond in a foolish manner.
I clipped what I believe were all of Owens’ ‘pearls of wisdom’ from his Twitter page; they are in reverse chronological order:
- # My bad Rodney! I hv been corrected by ur supporters, u used HGH nt steroids! So, every1 go ahead & use HGH!! Geez, I guess tht makes it …about 23 hours ago from MogoTXT
- # Hey Rodney if I really considered using them, could u please lv instructions on how & where 2 stick the needle just like u did 2 assure …about 23 hours ago from MogoTXT
- # So Rodney, I’m thinking if u overnite it 2day, I’ll get em by 2morr @ noon. Better yet, mark it Priority!! I “really” wanna b a CHAMPION …about 24 hours ago from MogoTXT
- # Since I kno the media reads my tweets, will sum1 ask rodney how long the cycles take b4 I feel results of the steroids whn he sends em? Lol!9:09 AM Sep 28th from MogoTXT
- # Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. PSALM 143:107:31 AM Sep 28th from MogoTXT
- # Sittin n locker rm thinking about wht cn ‘I’ do 2 help this team. A couple of 1sts 4 me, 1st time 1-2, 1st time w/no catches since ’96 …7:26 AM Sep 28th from MogoTXT
- # Ok! Now I got tht outta the way I’m ready 4 next week’s game!! Gotta keep the faith! Let the critics & haters hate!!!7:07 PM Sep 27th from MogoTXT
- # Hey rodney! Send me sum steroids 2 the Bills facility next week!6:30 PM Sep 27th from MogoTXT
- # Is tht Y u used steroids b/c u were worried about ur stats or ws it b/c u were losing it? Lol! U’re a loser & a cheater? Got any steroid …6:29 PM Sep 27th from MogoTXT
- # I could less about Rodney Harrison! Anybody tht using steroids, yes STEROIDS rodney, is a cheater & cheated the game!6:26 PM Sep 27th from MogoTXT
Another shining example of Twitter’s brilliance.
Twitter on everyone, twitter on.
I’m coining a new term, well sort of, from now on, anyone that makes themselves looks like an idiot on Twitter is a…
That’s a capital ‘T’ in all instances.
Terrell Owens is this week’s Twit.
More By Mark Solway
- Goodbye Old Friend - July 22nd, 2016
- Happy Father's Day Redskins Dads! - June 19th, 2016
- Flashback Friday: Us!!! - May 27th, 2016
- Su'a Cravens in S.T.'s Uniform - Photoshop - May 24th, 2016
- Flashback Friday: Joe Jacoby - January 8th, 2016