The Game Was Over When…
Jeremy Jarmon forced a Clifton Smith fumble with less than a minute to go in the game, and Chris Horton recovered.
The Turning Point…
Jason Campbell and Santana Moss hooking up on a 59-yard touchdown pass in the third quarter; it put the Redskins ahead for the first time in the game.
Offense – Clinton Portis
Defense – Reed Doughty
3 catches for 46 yards (17,12,17) for Chris Cooley, including a 17-yard touchdown reception, on the Redskin drive that got them back into the game at 10-9.
Cooley had 65 yards on 5 catches – 3 of them (including a touchdown) on one drive; he could easily be given the game’s offensive game ball… Jason Campbell turned the ball over 4 times himself, with three interceptions and a fumble… Campbell had as many turnovers (two) as he did completions in the first quarter… Justin Tryon had his best NFL game with 3 tackles and an assist, to go along with his first NFL sack… DeAngelo Hall caught his second interception of the season… Bucs kicker Mike Nugent missed two field goal tries in the first half
For some of the game’s interesting numbers and statistics, check out By the Numbers, THN’s 1200th exclusive article in the database.
NFL.com Video highlights of the game
NFL.com Gamebook Official Statistics
Redskins.com Game Overview
More By Mark Solway
- Redskins Beat Eagles And Keep Playoff Hopes Alive - December 16th, 2016
- Cardinals Put Cog in Redskins Playoff Hopes - December 9th, 2016
- Redskins Cowboys Thanksgiving Special Graphic - November 24th, 2016
- Washington vs. Green Bay: Packers Suffer Fourth Straight Loss - November 23rd, 2016
- Flashback Friday: This Day in 1985 - November 18th, 2016