Fan fave Chris Cooley will be featured on ESPN’s E:60 on Tuesday, October 20 at 7 pm ET. The piece done by Rachel Nichols will center around his rise in popularity both on the field and on the internet. Here is the snippet from ESPN:
In a time when NFL stars often seem a world apart from the average fan, Redskins Tight End Chris Cooley is the Pro-Bowler next door. E:60’s Rachel Nichols profiles the rise of this unlikely NFL star, who has become one of the NFL’s most popular players by breaking down the wall between fan and player. Through his personal blog, CooleyZone.com, Cooley has made his life an open book–offering fans a “warts and all” look at the daily life of an NFL star–everything from taking out the trash to dealing with home bee infestations. From his second home in rural Wyoming to his art studio in Virginia, E:60 offers a panoramic look at one of the NFL’s most eclectic personalities.
I enjoyed the profile Nichols did on perhaps Washington’s biggest sports star Alex Ovechkin, and I am looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.
If anyone is interested, here’s a video trailer of the piece:
“I’ll sell it to women.” Priceless.
More By Scott Hurrey
- Chimera Caps Off Improbable Comeback In Double Overtime - April 21st, 2011
- Happy New Years - January 1st, 2011
- Chris Cooley - FedEx Office Team-up For Promotion - December 10th, 2010
- Ken Harvey on Daniel Snyder/Haiti - January 25th, 2010
- Harvey, Diageo Team to Help Haiti - January 25th, 2010