When the final buzzer went at the Verizon Center on Wednesday night, the Caps had earned their eighth win in a row.
That may not seem like a massive number, but it’s the longest winning streak for Washington since they had ten straight wins in 1983-84 season – over 25 years ago. In fact, it equals their longest streak since 1989.
WashingtonCaps.com Senior Writer Mike Vogl posted a great piece about that streak 21 years ago. There are some great Caps names from the past in the article – Dino Ciccarelli, Pete Peeters, Bob Rouse, Calle Johansson, Mike Ridley, and the late Doug Wickenheiser to name a few.
Check out Mike’s blast-from-the-past here.
You can check out my game wrap-up here.
Washington is now NINETEEN points clear of their next closest Southeast Division opponent. Wow.
More By Mark Solway
- Flashback Friday: This Day in 1962 - September 23rd, 2016
- Flashback Friday: This Day in 1937 - Smith and Baugh - September 16th, 2016
- Flashback Friday: This Day in 1969 - September 9th, 2016
- Will The Redskins Repeat As NFC East Champions? - August 12th, 2016
- Important Takeaways From Preseason Game 1 - August 12th, 2016