According to Phillip Buchanon’s Facebook page, the 10th year cornerback will be placed on Injured Reserve today.
Buchanon was suspended for the first four games of the regular season for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy and has been hampered by neck and knee injuries recently. He made his only appearance this season in the Redskins loss to the Carolina Panthers two weeks ago.
It should be noted that the news was not mentioned on Buchanon’s Twitter account: @PhillipBuchanon.
More By Jake Russell
- Redskins Free Agency Tracker 2014 – Day 1 - March 11th, 2014
- Redskins Preparing for Free Agency - March 10th, 2014
- Redskins Hire Jay Gruden as Head Coach - January 9th, 2014
- Redskins Continue to Expand Coaching Search - January 4th, 2014
- Redskins Set Sights on Bevell, McDermott - January 1st, 2014