With the 71st selection in the 2012 NFL Draft – the Washington Redskins selected Josh LeRibeus, Guard from SMU. The Redskins originally held the 6th pick in the 3rd round (69th overall) but dropped two spots with the Buffalo Bills to 71, and picked up an extra 7th round selection on Saturday (217th overall).
LeRibeus seems a bit of a reach in the third, as he was projected to be a mid-to-late rounder by many draft pontiffs. Having said that, he’s a road grader with a mean streak that could actually fit in quite well in a zone blocking scheme.
Draft guru Mike Mayock described him thusly, “He’s a tough guy. Short arms, but he’s got a nasty disposition.”
The Redskins now have 6 selections left on day three of the draft – two 4th rounders (102nd and 109th from Raiders), a 5th (141st), a 6th (173rd from the Vikings) and two 7ths (213th and 217th from Bills).
More By Mark Solway
- 5 Best Super Bowl Bets Ever Made - February 2nd, 2017
- Redskins Beat Eagles And Keep Playoff Hopes Alive - December 16th, 2016
- Cardinals Put Cog in Redskins Playoff Hopes - December 9th, 2016
- Redskins Cowboys Thanksgiving Special Graphic - November 24th, 2016
- Washington vs. Green Bay: Packers Suffer Fourth Straight Loss - November 23rd, 2016