During his time as a Redskin, I had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Mitchell on many occasions. Not once was he ever unpleasant to talk to or interact with. Win or lose, he always flashed his trademark smile for everyone to see.
To help commemorate the fifth anniversary of his passing, I have put together this gallery of various photos that have never been seen by the media. If you never had the chance to meet him, hopefully these photos give you a clear view into his personality.
The family and childhood photos were provided by his widow, Denise Mitchell, and the photos from Redskins training camp in 2001 and 2002 were taken by my mother, Terri Russell.
More By Jake Russell
- Redskins Free Agency Tracker 2014 – Day 1 - March 11th, 2014
- Redskins Preparing for Free Agency - March 10th, 2014
- Redskins Hire Jay Gruden as Head Coach - January 9th, 2014
- Redskins Continue to Expand Coaching Search - January 4th, 2014
- Redskins Set Sights on Bevell, McDermott - January 1st, 2014
Tags: Kevin Mitchell