The Redskins will unveil the team’s new 80th Anniversary uniforms today.
Here is the Anniversary patch that has been circulating:
With Nike taking over the digs this year, there is much anticipation in Redskins Nation as to what is in store with the new uniforms.
They will “blend historical elements from the team’s past, with a new-age look for the future,” according to the official blog – whatever that means.
Hopefully they will be as nice as the 70th Anniversary uniforms were – that way we all go out and spend even more of our hard-earned ducats on Redskins memorabilia.
RGIII + 80th Anniversary Gear = #1 Christmas Gift in DC for 2012
The Redskins are flying a new flag at the practice bubble today – is this potentially a sneak peak into the new uniforms? Or at least the new color scheme? That’s a nice dark burgundy and dark gold color combination on the flag…
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) May 10, 2012
Apparently the Redskins will be streaming live footage from the unveiling on their Ustream page starting at around 5pm.
One thing you can count on about the Redskins new uniforms – some people will love ’em, some people will hate ’em.
Can’t please all the people, all the time.
Follow me on Twitter @TheHogsdotNet
More By Mark Solway
- Flashback Friday: This Day in 1962 - September 23rd, 2016
- Flashback Friday: This Day in 1937 - Smith and Baugh - September 16th, 2016
- Flashback Friday: This Day in 1969 - September 9th, 2016
- Will The Redskins Repeat As NFC East Champions? - August 12th, 2016
- Important Takeaways From Preseason Game 1 - August 12th, 2016