With the new uniforms being launched yesterday, Redskins Nation is of course waxing poetic today about whether they like them… are they original enough… whether or not they will buy them… yadda yadda yadda.
For the record, I personally like them.
I liked them in 1994 when we first used them. <cough!>
If you take a look at the shot of Tre Johnson in 1994 and of Ryan Kerrigan in 2012, you will see that the uniforms are not that much different. Sure the new pants are a little lighter, but for the most part, except for the helmet, the throwback versions are very similar.
The helmet in the 2012 version will of course set it apart. If you look at the ’94 outfit, the helmet is more plum than burgundy and doesn’t seem to ‘fit.’ The new helmet is a nice touch, and it will be interesting to see how the ‘leather look’ comes through on television – if at all. At least it looks as though it will match a bit better for all of the fashionistas out there.
If you take a look at the image below, that I pulled from our Sammy Baugh tribute page, you will see that the Redskins definitely stuck very closely to the uniforms worn in 1937.
So what do you think? Do you like them? Will you buy them? Are they original enough?
Hit me up on Twitter @TheHogsdotNet and let me know, or just comment below.
More By Mark Solway
- 5 Best Super Bowl Bets Ever Made - February 2nd, 2017
- Redskins Beat Eagles And Keep Playoff Hopes Alive - December 16th, 2016
- Cardinals Put Cog in Redskins Playoff Hopes - December 9th, 2016
- Redskins Cowboys Thanksgiving Special Graphic - November 24th, 2016
- Washington vs. Green Bay: Packers Suffer Fourth Straight Loss - November 23rd, 2016