The Washington Redskins will have five players at this year’s Pro Bowl – three selections and two alternates.
Robert Griffin III, Lorenzo Alexander, and Trent Williams all earned their first career Pro Bowl selections. In Griffin’s case, he becomes just the second rookie quarterback to ever be named to the Pro Bowl – Dan Marino was the other.
London Fletcher and Alfred Morris were also selected as alternates.
The presence of five Redskins players in Honolulu marks a definite change in national opinion. Griffin’s incredible rookie season, combined with peeling off 6 wins in a row, has put Washington back in the public football eye.
The Pro Bowl game itself is and still will be garbage and pointless, but it’s great to see the five guys being recognized – every last one of them deserves the honor bestowed on them.
More By Mark Solway
- Will The Redskins Repeat As NFC East Champions? - August 12th, 2016
- Important Takeaways From Preseason Game 1 - August 12th, 2016
- Doctson A Gamble, Or A Calculated Risk? - July 26th, 2016
- Goodbye Old Friend - July 22nd, 2016
- Happy Father's Day Redskins Dads! - June 19th, 2016