While most of the buzz last week was about another Jackson – DeSean – the Redskins also quietly re-signed linebacker Rob Jackson to an undisclosed deal on Friday.
Jackson was allowed to test the free agent waters, but obviously didn’t find a better fit than here in Washington, and the 6th year NFL veteran will return to try and re-gain the form that he found in 2012.
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) April 4, 2014
Last year, Jackson was suspended for the first four games for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. He finished the year with 17 tackles, 2 sacks, and 1 interception in 12 games.
He will compete with new imports Akeem Jordan and Adam Hayward, to provide experienced depth behind Ryan Kerrigan and Brian Orakpo.
Washington drafted Jackson out of Kansas State in the 7th round, and he has spent his entire career with the Redskins.
More By Mark Solway
- 5 Best Super Bowl Bets Ever Made - February 2nd, 2017
- Redskins Beat Eagles And Keep Playoff Hopes Alive - December 16th, 2016
- Cardinals Put Cog in Redskins Playoff Hopes - December 9th, 2016
- Redskins Cowboys Thanksgiving Special Graphic - November 24th, 2016
- Washington vs. Green Bay: Packers Suffer Fourth Straight Loss - November 23rd, 2016
Tags: Rob Jackson