Here are some Redskins news tidbits in case you missed them…
DJax Owes Rosenhaus
On Tuesday, arbitrator Roger Kaplan ordered Redskins wide receiver DeSean Jackson to pay back some $516,415 in what was described as “loans and fees” to former agent Drew Rosenhaus. According to Jeff McClane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Jackson will appeal the decision.
Jackson dropped Rosenhaus as representation in June, and his new contract with the Redskins was done by agent Joel Segal.
Mike Jones of the Washington Post put together a nice round-up of some of the prospects that have visited, or are visiting with the Redskins.
– Stanford right tackle Cameron Fleming
– Rutgers wide receiver Brandon Coleman
– Louisville outside linebacker Marcus Smith
– Virginia offensive tackle Morgan Moses
– Tennessee offensive tackle Antonio Richardson
– Boise State outside linebacker Demarcus Lawrence
ESPN 980 is also reporting that the team is trying to line up a visit with Ohio State offensive tackle Jack Mewhort.
Further to the above, Chris Russell of ESPN980 tweeted that linebacker Jeremiah Attaochu will be visiting with the Redskins. Projected to be a mid-second round pick, Attaochu did not particpate in Combine Drills due to a partially torn hamstring. He did however, wow onlookers at his Pro Day at Georgia Tech last month.
Boy Band B.S.
The official Redskins blog ran a very poignant, and incredibly important piece yesterday about defensive back Trenton Ronbinson meeting Joey Fatone of ‘N Sync. *removes tongue from cheek*
Blogger Gabe Hiatt described Fatone as “one of the five members of the bubblegum boy band that owned the turn of the millenium.”
If you missed it, don’t sweat it – it won’t change your Redskins livelihood – at all. Typical Blogger Bubblegum.
Like this. 🙂
Follow me on Twitter @TheHogsdotnet
More By Mark Solway
- Flashback Friday: This Day in 2012 - September 30th, 2016
- Flashback Friday: This Day in 1962 - September 23rd, 2016
- Flashback Friday: This Day in 1937 - Smith and Baugh - September 16th, 2016
- Flashback Friday: This Day in 1969 - September 9th, 2016
- Will The Redskins Repeat As NFC East Champions? - August 12th, 2016