Brandon Meriweather has been suspended for the first two games of the regular season for his “sixth violation of the unnecessary roughness rule”.
Meriweather was flagged for a 15 yard personal foul penalty, for hitting a defenseless receiver (Torrie Smith) in the 2nd quarter of Saturday’s preseason game against the Ravens.
Personally I think the decision is tough, because Smith went down to catch the ball, but Meriweather did lead with his head, and he has to learn to keep his head up when he tackles. His only option was to not make the play and concede the catch, but its a decision he is obviously going to have to learn to make.
Because the suspension really hurts the team. Especially on opening day.
More By Mark Solway
- Flashback Friday: This Day in 1962 - September 23rd, 2016
- Flashback Friday: This Day in 1937 - Smith and Baugh - September 16th, 2016
- Flashback Friday: This Day in 1969 - September 9th, 2016
- Will The Redskins Repeat As NFC East Champions? - August 12th, 2016
- Important Takeaways From Preseason Game 1 - August 12th, 2016
Tags: Brandon Meriweather