Brandon Meriweather has been suspended for the first two games of the regular season for his “sixth violation of the unnecessary roughness rule”.
Meriweather was flagged for a 15 yard personal foul penalty, for hitting a defenseless receiver (Torrie Smith) in the 2nd quarter of Saturday’s preseason game against the Ravens.
Personally I think the decision is tough, because Smith went down to catch the ball, but Meriweather did lead with his head, and he has to learn to keep his head up when he tackles. His only option was to not make the play and concede the catch, but its a decision he is obviously going to have to learn to make.
Because the suspension really hurts the team. Especially on opening day.
More By Mark Solway
- Redskins Beat Eagles And Keep Playoff Hopes Alive - December 16th, 2016
- Cardinals Put Cog in Redskins Playoff Hopes - December 9th, 2016
- Redskins Cowboys Thanksgiving Special Graphic - November 24th, 2016
- Washington vs. Green Bay: Packers Suffer Fourth Straight Loss - November 23rd, 2016
- Flashback Friday: This Day in 1985 - November 18th, 2016
Tags: Brandon Meriweather