Hog Wire: News and Notes
By: Bernie Marshall
Category: Washington Redskins News
- During the bye week the Redskins held regular practice on Tuesday and Wednesday and Jason Campbell worked with the first team full-time. Campbell split duty with Todd Collins for the first practice this week. In a season and a half of being the third string quarterback, it was likely more work in three days than he'd seen to date cumulatively. Campbell said at a press conference that, "It made me feel like I wasn't an outsider looking in."
- The players used the bye week to get healthy, and the coaches took the week to study film and review everything that has been done so far this season. Players and coaches took off the weekend for rest and recuperation after practice on Wednesday and returned for a regular workweek this past Monday.
- The list of players not practicing during the bye week included: LB Marcus Washington (hip), LB Lemar Marshall (high ankle sprain), QB Mark Brunell (ribs), T Chris Samuels (soreness), RB Clinton Portis (high ankle sprain), WR Santana Moss (hamstring), WR Brandon Lloyd (thigh), WR Antwaan Randle-El (heel). CB Carlos Rogers returned to practice but was limited to non-contact drills and will wear a protective splint this week.
- DT Joe Salave’a and Cornelius Griffin both returned to practice on Monday after the bye. However, RB Clinton Portis (ankle), WR Santana Moss (hamstring), QB Mark Brunell (ribs), and LB Lemar Marshall (ankle) remained on the sidelines. WR Antwaan Randle-El (heel) missed only a part of Monday’s workouts.
- Mark Brunell practiced on Wednesday for the first time since the Colts loss. Brunell only missed three practices in total, but his rib injury will undoubtedly benefit greatly from ten straight days of rest.
- On Wednesday RB Clinton Portis and WR Antwaan Randle-El participated in practice. WR Patten sat out a portion of the practice, and WR Santana Moss missed both the 30-minute walk through and the afternoon practice.
Santana Moss is listed as Probable
Mark Brunell (ribs) is listed as Probable
Lemar Marshall (ankle) is listed as Probable
David Patten (hamstring) is listed as Probable
Clinton Portis (ankle) is listed as Probable
Antwaan Randle-El (heel) is listed as Probable
Carlos Rogers (thumb) is listed a Probable
Chris Samuels (lower leg) is listed as Probable
Enjoy? Click Like, and/or help us share it!
Help us out. We spend a lot of time trying to bring Redskin fans fresh Redskins content, please share our content with any of the social networking platforms that you belong to - there are over 300 links when you click the '+' button - at the very least, click the Like button!