Hog Wire News and Notes
Springs Out Against Houston; Portis Set To Return
- In his first practice since undergoing abdominal surgery in mid-August, cornerback Shawn Springs suffered a setback by straining his groin while participating in individual drills. Bubba Tyer, Redskins Director of Sports Medicine said the injury is unrelated to the surgery but Springs was ruled out for Sunday’s game against Houston, to allow more time to heal.
The absence of Springs has been painfully obvious, no pun intended. The Redskins defense has not intercepted the ball and has allowed 452 yards and three touchdowns through the air during their first two regular season games.
- Unlike last week, running back Clinton Portis participated in a full practice for the first time since suffering a partially dislocated shoulder during the first week of the preseason. He has been upgraded to probable and is expected to start against the Texans.
- Rock Cartwright’s 100-yard kickoff return for a touchdown against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night ranks third in team history behind Brian Mitchell (101 yards – 1998) and Larry Jones (102 yards – 1974).
- The Redskins rank second in the NFL on both offensive penalty yards and defensive penalty yards with 172 and 150, respectively.
- Defensive tackle Joe Salave’a is currently listed as questionable after missing practice on Wednesday and Thursday with a calf injury suffered against the Dallas Cowboys.
- Wide receiver Santana Moss was limited in practice on Wednesday but is probable for this week’s game against Houston. He is currently resting a sore hip.
This article was released on 2006-09-23.
|Copyright © 2013 www.theHogs.net. This site is an independent news, information and entertainment site covering the Washington Redskins and Redskin fans. We are not associated with the Washington Redskins, the National Football League, or any other media site. Click here for more site information.|
|Quick Links | Home | Deluxe Main | Articles | Redskins Team Information | Redskins History | The Hogs | Message Board | Site Map|