Hog Wire News and Notes
Springs Likely to Miss Week 4
- Cornerback Shawn Springs sat out practice Thursday, nursing a groin injury suffered in practice last week. It was reported by the Associated Press that the injury will likely keep him out through Week 5 against the New York Giants as well.
- Quarterback Mark Brunell missed most of practice on Thursday but participated in some light throwing towards the end. Brunell suffered a cut on his throwing elbow in last Sunday’s victory against the Houston Texans. He will practice on Friday, according to Redskins Director of Sports Medicine Bubba Tyer. He is listed as probable on the injury report.
- Rookie defensive tackle Kedric Golston made his first career NFL start in place of the injured Joe Salave’a against the Houston Texans last Sunday and was credited with one tackle and half a sack.
- Salave’a is expected to play against the Jacksonville Jaguars this Sunday. He is listed as probable on the injury report. He suffered a right calf injury against the Dallas Cowboys in Week 2 and missed last week’s game against the Texans.
- According to Casey Husband, of Redskins.com, right tackle Jon Jansen will be appearing in his 100th career NFL game this Sunday.
- The offensive line, which has committed numerous penalties over the last three weeks, began a system this week in which any player committing a penalty will pay a fine ranging from $25-$50. The money made from the penalties will be added together and given to the lineman with the best block from the last game. One stipulation is that, if the team wins, no fines will need to be made.
This article was released on 2006-09-29.
|Copyright © 2013 www.theHogs.net. This site is an independent news, information and entertainment site covering the Washington Redskins and Redskin fans. We are not associated with the Washington Redskins, the National Football League, or any other media site. Click here for more site information.|
|Quick Links | Home | Deluxe Main | Articles | Redskins Team Information | Redskins History | The Hogs | Message Board | Site Map|