Draft Marcus Vick

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

Postby thaiphoon » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:03 pm

Two words for you:

Character

Counts

Now some more words:

No way Marcus Vick is on the Redskins while Joe Gibbs coaches this team.

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:11 pm

Draft Marcus Vick?

Maybe into the Marine Corps.

-----------

Postby Smithian » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:32 pm

The Hogster wrote:Lets not forget that Riggins used to play drunk sometimes.
Did he have relations and seve alcohol to minors? No.

Did he try to hurt players on the field after a play? No.

Did he get hurt verse his biggest rival trying to spike the ball as an illegal celebration? No.

Did he use drugs and get kicked out of his college and endanger the welfare of his future? No.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

swine

Postby funbunchfever » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:46 pm

I am a VT alumni and I absolutely would not want to see the younger Vick on my favorite NFL team. He has embarrassed VT far too many times. Shame on Tech for giving him so many chances. He has some talent, but one of the rules here is "don't embarrass the Redskins," and he's proven he can't follow that rule. Period.
It's just a game.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:52 pm

Nope. If Gibbs wanted him he wouldn't have traded for Campbell. He knew about Vick, he knew he was out there. Campbell imo will be better than M. Vick.
Vick doesn't strike me as being a worthy of being mentioned in the same breathe as Peyton Manning. Peyton Manning is a quarterback, Vick isn't quite there yet imo. He still isn't comfortable throwing the ball. He had one hot passing game of the year and jumped off with his mouth. Did he reproduce this stats again? Im not sure so please fill me in. I'd take Mike over Marcus because he's an idiot.
Campbell is our future.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:58 pm

No thats ok.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:56 am

http://www.uploadyourstuff.com/video/2/

For those who haven't seen him theres the clip. I hadn't seen it till tonight and Im even more against him now. What he did was malacious. I dont want ANY player on my squad that purposefully tries to injure another player. What he did was malicious trying to defend his actions is retarded.

*moved to draft forum.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:11 am

Did you not see that he just got permanently dismissed from VT? Why would you want him? He's a complete idiot. So immature. When you reach your 20's, it's time to grow up.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:21 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/news/story?id=2282642
Ron Mexico Jr. is going pro.

"It's not a big deal. I'll just move on to the next level, baby"

Lets see how big of a deal it is when somebody stomps on ur leg. No remorse for what he did and I tihnk he's lying about it being an accident. When I watch the video but it just seems to me that he put some extra effort into what he did. I NEVER EVER stepped on a player purposefully and when you did you'd try your best to move your weight off of the person. Vick looks like he's putting his weight on the guy.
In the ACC championship game against Florida State, he drew an unsportsmanlike conduct flag for spiking the ball after a touchdown run with the Hokies trailing, and following the 27-22 loss, walked by reporters after the game without commenting, saying he didn't have to.
He finished that game 26-for-52 for 335 yards with one interception and a fumble near his goal line that teammate Duane Brown recovered. Vick threw one scoring pass and ran for two more touchdowns, but also was sacked six times for minus-35 yards.
On the field, he was often dazzling, but sometimes tried to do too much.
The Hokies started 8-0 and were No. 3 in the polls when they hosted Miami on Nov. 5. But Vick threw two interceptions and fumbled the ball away four times in a 27-7 loss.

And the Redskin "FANS" want him over Campbell. HAHHAHA. Never. Thank goodness we have an intelligent man at the helm.
Last edited by Chris Luva Luva on Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:34 am

Thanks Luva for the clip, I think it looked intentional not because of the kick but how he walked away after he got off the guy, I don't dispute he's probably not what Joe Gibbs would see as a "real redskin" but I hope he gets it together and uses his God given talent.

BEAT TAMPA
BEAT CHICAGO
BEAT SEATTLE/NY/CAROLINA

and then we take our SB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAIL

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:10 am

Marcus vick is a head case. WHo in the world steps on another player like that. Mike vick has some class I would not complain if we had him but thats not happening so lets get out of the dream world. We have Jason Campbell as our future and im secure with that thought. Marcus vick thanx for the laugh though. :lol:
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

###

Postby redskindave » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:47 am

No thanks, Hes nothing but trouble waiting to happen
Hail To The Redskins!
Forty men together can't lose
Blaine Ohio home of Ohios biggest Redskin fan
Every man has to die, Not every man really lives

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:07 am

You guys need to seriously get over yourselves. I hate these so-called morally superior fans who piss on football playerz for doing things that plenty of people do.

Do I want Marcus Vick on my team? Heck No. If he was on my team he would be like Brian Mitchell was, a kick returner and emergency quarterback. But he is worth a mid round pick.

But seriously...driving on a suspended license and smoking weed? Is he a model citizen? NO!!

But is what he did outrageous? I bet a buch of yall have smoked weed before, some more than others. Does that mean you will suck at life in all that you do? I hope not.

Anyway, the guy will get drafted by somebody, fans act all high and mighty, but in reality everyone knows that some team will look beyond those issues....probably not the Skins though.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:22 am

The Hogster wrote:You guys need to seriously get over yourselves. I hate these so-called morally superior fans who piss on football playerz for doing things that plenty of people do.

I harp on my older brother day and night. I rag on him on a consistent basis so you dont know how any of us act towards other idiots that we're around. Needless to say this boy is a moron and until he PURPOSEFULLY tried to injure another player have I really cared about anything he's done. Driving your cleats into the back of someones knee/calf is nothing short of malicious and Im glad they let that blister go. Then he comes out and speaks to the media with no remorse for the situation.

How about if we ever meet you just lay one the ground face down and let me get my cleats out the trunk. We'll see just how appreciative you are of me stomping my cleats into the back of your knee. What if he injured that guy and he couldn't even recover? No he didn't think about that, he was being selfish and immature. NEVER in my experience of playing any sports have I encountered someone who deliberately tried to hurt another player. I've been hit so hard that my head hit the ground before my butt because its part of the game but I dont go to attack the guy. He's playing FOOTBALL, its a contact sport, he's doing his job.

Marcus Vick and ANYONE else who purposefully hurts another player is a menance and dont belong on the field.
1. Roy Williams is a candidate also.

We'll see if he stops smoking weed and what not when he gets into the pros but what has he done to show anyone he's going to mature. He's been given time after time to straighten up and he lets everyone down.

I dont respect this kid because he doesn't learn, he doesn't mature, he's staying stagnant. I respect anyone who learns from their mistakes, he's not one of those people.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:46 am

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010