Draft Marcus Vick

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:03 am

jklote wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Bottom line is that the guy wasnt even man enough to apolagize. What a horrible thing to do. Hes not man enough to go head up with a guy so he waits till there on the ground and then hit em. What a wuss move no room for this bum. And no I am no saint either but I sure aint no wuss job like this bum.

He and Beamer went to the Louisville locker room to apologize and Dumerville and Petrino told him to "Kiss Off". This is from an extremely well connected VT source.

It is important to note that Marcus had been limping when he stomped on Dumerville. Go check the videotape and find out why. No one in the media will tell you that.
Either way the risk of this guy doing this on our team is enough for me to say no way. I would only aquire him as trade bate for some depth on D-line.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:10 am

HEROHAMO wrote:
jklote wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Bottom line is that the guy wasnt even man enough to apolagize. What a horrible thing to do. Hes not man enough to go head up with a guy so he waits till there on the ground and then hit em. What a wuss move no room for this bum. And no I am no saint either but I sure aint no wuss job like this bum.

He and Beamer went to the Louisville locker room to apologize and Dumerville and Petrino told him to "Kiss Off". This is from an extremely well connected VT source.

It is important to note that Marcus had been limping when he stomped on Dumerville. Go check the videotape and find out why. No one in the media will tell you that.
Either way the risk of this guy doing this on our team is enough for me to say no way. I would only aquire him as trade bate for some depth on D-line.

I saw today that ESPN ran a statement from Vick today that in part he did apologize for his actions (in the heat of a game). This come after a week of denials and being kicked off the team. That's not the attitude I'd want my QB to have, but Marcus will probably play another position
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:14 am

jklote wrote:It is important to note that Marcus had been limping when he stomped on Dumerville. Go check the videotape and find out why. No one in the media will tell you that.

So what. There's no excuse. I dont care what thay guy did you have to keep your cool and not hurt your team. He shows whats wrong with players, they can't think past themselves and see how what they're going to do will hurt their team.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:16 am

We'd have to hire a FT babysitter for the next three years, between he and ST.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

Hog

Postby HailSkins94 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:13 pm

Marcus Vick isn't going to amount to a fart in a whirlwind...
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

piggie

Postby jklote » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:13 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
jklote wrote:It is important to note that Marcus had been limping when he stomped on Dumerville. Go check the videotape and find out why. No one in the media will tell you that.

So what. There's no excuse. I dont care what thay guy did you have to keep your cool and not hurt your team. He shows whats wrong with players, they can't think past themselves and see how what they're going to do will hurt their team.

My point is that it happens ALL the time. As a matter of fact I think I saw a few examples of it in the Skins game yesterday (Taylor spitting in the face of a player, Simms flipping the bird, etc.).

Trust me if he was a no name QB on Tulane or Fresno State it wouldn't get any air time at all. The only reason they are playing it every 5 minutes on ESPN is because of his last name, his history of problems, and he is on a high profile team.

piggie

Postby jklote » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:17 pm

HailSkins94 wrote:Marcus Vick isn't going to amount to a fart in a whirlwind...

If he keeps his head straight and works hard he will be in Hawaii every year. Granted that is a big "IF", as he hasn't managed to do that so far.

BTW: Didn't Sean Taylor assault a guy with a baseball bat? Why is he still on the Redskins? Just wondering.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:37 pm

jklote wrote:My point is that it happens ALL the time. As a matter of fact I think I saw a few examples of it in the Skins game yesterday (Taylor spitting in the face of a player, Simms flipping the bird, etc.).

At this point what Taylor did or didn't do is open for debate, With Marcus Vick's apology what he did is not in question. Should it come out that ST did do what he was accused of then I would agree to a point ( Marcus could have ended a carrer, Sean at most challenged Pittman's manhood)

Simms didn't flip anyone off. He was motioning to come on and get him. At most if could be consider taunting, not on the level of what Vick did or what Taylor was accused of

jklote wrote:Trust me if he was a no name QB on Tulane or Fresno State it wouldn't get any air time at all. The only reason they are playing it every 5 minutes on ESPN is because of his last name, his history of problems, and he is on a high profile team.

If they had the natural talent that Vick is taking for granted they wouldn't be no-names, but I agree If his name was Marcus Whoever it would have only ran for about a hour or two particularly on Wild-card weekend, but the numerous isuses and high profile would have come to light later in the off-season. Again a hot topic for a couple of hours if it's Mr. Whoever or the younger brother of Mike Whoever.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby John Manfreda » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:51 pm

No

piggie

Postby ryanw7196 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:29 pm

I dont believe any of marcus vicks off field problems really matter at all... because hes not our problem, we have no need for a quarterback, and were certainly not going to waste a pick on marcus vick
Jerome from SE

Hog

Postby FiveWidez » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:12 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Let me say this, Marcus is not going to be saying "do you want fries with that" even if he never plays another down of football he'll be wealthy his whole life, I said a 4th rounder would not be too much for a project like him because of the potential upside, for those of you who say you don't want Michael Vick, Atlanta had a down year and underachieved but it was not M. Vick's fault, the guy is simply the most physically gifted QB to ever hold the football if he was half the student P. Manning is he'd be the league mvp and pro bowler every year. I was just thinking maybe Gibbs could spark that student mentality into Marcus and we'd have a number 3 with serious potential.

I couldn't read this whole thread because I was both laughing and puking. Marcus Vick? Are you kidding me. Get off the Hokie bandwagon man. They program is setting itself up for a collapse and Marcus is just the beginning. They have become an embarrassment. The last two games they play they acted worse than any team I have ever seen. Michael is overrated and his brother is a punk. Enough said.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:14 pm

Gibbs values life skills almost more than football skills.

It'll never happen.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:31 pm

If Marcus Vick gets to Hawaii it will not because of anything he ever does on a football field. He could be there on vacation or because Michael took him.
This guy is a mistake looking for a place to happen.
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Hog

I wouldn't want Marcus Vick

Postby Redskin Don » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:56 pm

if he paid us to take him. He's another Maurice Clarett waiting to happen. He's a punk and a thug and that's all he'll ever be.
"Winning isn't the only thing... it's EVERYTHING"

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:02 pm

Did Simms flip the bird?
HAIL

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010