Draft Marcus Vick

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

Postby vtfootball07 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:44 pm

FiveWidez wrote:
Gibbs4Life wrote:Let me say this, Marcus is not going to be saying "do you want fries with that" even if he never plays another down of football he'll be wealthy his whole life, I said a 4th rounder would not be too much for a project like him because of the potential upside, for those of you who say you don't want Michael Vick, Atlanta had a down year and underachieved but it was not M. Vick's fault, the guy is simply the most physically gifted QB to ever hold the football if he was half the student P. Manning is he'd be the league mvp and pro bowler every year. I was just thinking maybe Gibbs could spark that student mentality into Marcus and we'd have a number 3 with serious potential.

I couldn't read this whole thread because I was both laughing and puking. Marcus Vick? Are you kidding me. Get off the Hokie bandwagon man. They program is setting itself up for a collapse and Marcus is just the beginning. They have become an embarrassment. The last two games they play they acted worse than any team I have ever seen. Michael is overrated and his brother is a punk. Enough said.

Agreed and agreed. Lets not start with Beamer, who has no eye for talent and "character" people (ie: Gibbs). He did by the way, allow Marcus to finish the game despite knowing of his on-field actions. Enough of my frustrations as a Hokie, now on to the Skins portion:

Are you kidding me? Marcus smokes more weed than Willie Nelson, Cheech & Chong combined! I have very good information (as I am a student in Blacksburg) that Marcus, despite getting in trouble with the law for pot, is (well was) still actively purchasing a good amount in Blacksburg.

Secondly, do we really want someone that stupid on our team in the QB position? Michael Vick got a 20 on the wonderlic, which is the equivalent of about a 100 IQ. I will make the assertion that Marcus is just as stupid. For the love of God, he stated before the game (and after) that he wanted to stay at VT so that he could get another year to learn to diagnose and break defenses down. Look at him now. This ignorant moron is saying "It�s no big deal; I�m ready to go to the next level, baby."

Bottom line is this kid felt a sense of entitlement because of his last name. Granted his brother doesn't help him much. First car was a decked out Escalade. When he 'allegedly' had sex with and gave alcohol to a 15 year old girl, his Escalade was taken away in exchange for a Lexus GS430 (I believe this is the correct model). I think the most recent car he was driving around was a new 5 or 7 series BMW. His brother has set him up for life financially, and Marcus knows he will be taken care of. Even when he returned to school after the year off, Marcus NEVER went to classes (I had some with him) unless something was due. This is a problem with Beamer's program and giving Vick too much lattitude, but he still couldn't keep on the straight and narrow. Word around Blacksburg this past week - I was down there moving some things for my apartment - was mixed, but here are the options (I heard both of these BEFORE news even broke about him being gone for good, so they may be somewhat accurate). The first was that Marcus was given 3 choices by the school:
1)be suspended for a few games next season
2)something so ridiculous it would never be chosen (i never found out exactly what this was)
3)leave school and go to the nfl

The second story was that he was to have a meeting with the AD, Beamer, and President, and that he blew them off and was kicked out. I wouldn't rule this one out either because he is such an arrogant fool.

Either way, Marcus Vick isn't even worthy of discussion because he has proven time and time again that he is unreliable and Gibbs would never consider him when we have Campbell, Ramsey and Brunell under contract for next year.

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:41 pm

Not to rehash this but with the newest developments with this guy the real question is anyone going to draft him?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2285819

Two days after declaring his intention to enter the NFL draft, Marcus Vick was arrested on Monday and charged with three counts of brandishing a firearm, the Suffolk, Va., police department said in a statement.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Hog

Postby WuSkinsFan » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:43 pm

Marcus Vick is catapulting up the list of biggest knuckle heads of all time.
After every game, every play & every highlight, I'll always remember #21. RIP Sean.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:12 pm

This thread is on its way to the Smack forum. :shock:

But it does not deserve to be even there. :evil:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

piglet

Postby dcsportsfan5 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:51 pm

He just got arrested again lets put this thread to bed. That kid needs some serious help.

Hog

Postby Cooley47 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:04 pm

no way, Gibbs only goes for classy players
I miss you 21.

God I wish we had a second round pick.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:31 pm

Since Marcus can't simply go into a McDonalds get a couple of Happy Meals and be on his way without flashing a firearm at a few minors there is no way he will be a Redskin.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it....

That means this should be in Around the League
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:19 pm

Ah, but 1nik, which league?

Hog

Postby thaiphoon » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:27 pm

The Federal Penal League ?

Note: Before anyone gets worked up thinking I misspelled a bad word, I'm referring to penal as in Penal system as in penal= prison

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:31 pm

RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:37 pm

welch wrote:

Is there a Arena League III :shock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

piggie

Postby halter91 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:24 am

why would you want him? His brother isn't even a good QB, athleticism only gets you so far. Ask Donny Mac.
Dave Halter
Thunder Softball
Redskin Roadtrips

Hog

Postby VRIEL1 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:17 pm

Sir_Monk wrote:Not to rehash this but with the newest developments with this guy the real question is anyone going to draft him?

Two days after declaring his intention to enter the NFL draft, Marcus Vick was arrested on Monday and charged with three counts of brandishing a firearm, the Suffolk, Va., police department said in a statement.

Look if you guys want him you can have him....I'm sure he will have matured and aged after his long stay in prison for brandishing. :roll:

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:39 am

VRIEL1 wrote:
Sir_Monk wrote:Not to rehash this but with the newest developments with this guy the real question is anyone going to draft him?

Look if you guys want him you can have him....I'm sure he will have matured and aged after his long stay in prison for brandishing. :roll:

I hope he gets some time for that, I really do. He's an idiot and needs to be punished for once in his life.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

swine

Postby ChiefPowhatan17 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:15 pm

I am a hokie too, but I don't know if we could handle all the distraction and attention that he will require. I think Gibbs will stay away from such a risk. But, he does have talent as a quarterback. Virginia Tech did the right thing.
POWHATAN17

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010