Maurice Clarett

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
piggie

Maurice Clarett

Postby noshirtforyou » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:00 am

I think he will be entering the draft this year and I don't see anyong picking him up until the third or fourth round..hes pretty diesel

Hog

Postby oafusp » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:03 am

I would not like the guy in burgandy and gold.
Neither would Gibbs...character.

The kid got caught breaking the rules and instead of taking it like a man he challenged the system and won from a loop hole and a liberal judge.

I hate those kind of people, Clarrett reminds me of the people on those mid-day court shows...Wapner? Judge Judy?

NO TO CLARRETT!!!!!!
YES TO LADELL STAYING HEALTHY!!!!
burp.

Hog

Postby Redskins4Life » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:53 pm

Claretts good and all but I wouldn't really want to see him in a Skins uniform. I wouldnt mind at all if we got him in the 3rd round but i've kind of become fond of Greg Jones of Fl. State. For that reason I say no to Clarett.

Hog

Postby redskincity » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:55 pm

He belongs in highschool

Since the judge wants to play that way. I would make all early entry people go to NFL Europe :up: :nana: :nana:
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:27 pm

he deserves to go undrafted. punk needs to pay his dues.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby oafusp » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:41 pm

I think LaVar would love having this kiddie at practice all summer long!

Goalposts and concussions are waiting Clarette
burp.

Postby Nate Hogg » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:25 pm

Clarett single handedly wrestled the national title out of Miami's hands and we're questioning whether or not we want him on the team? He was a man amongst boys as a Freshman and he's ready for the next level... He's the athletic power back Gibbs' offense craves, and do you think for one second we'd see any punk attitude under Gibbs watch? Picking him up in the second round would be a steal.

Hog

Postby oafusp » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:38 pm

Great, maybe during training camp he can steal some car stereos or hang out at BroadRun Highschool and hit on the freshman girls?

Anyone that does something wrong and does not MAN UP and take responsibility, and instead takes advantage of the situation to avoid punishment will always think they are above all. This kid would have learned a lot more if he just took it like a man, now he is going to have a short career since he missed out on learning a valuable lesson "accountability"
burp.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:46 pm

He was a man amongst boys
no, he was a boy amongst other boys. college does not translate to the pro game. you start with a clean slate. and since he missed at least 2 years of valuable experience, not to mention the fact he sat out a whole year, it's gonna hurt his draft possibilities. idiot cost himself a few million in salary to hide from his past.

Great, maybe during training camp he can steal some car stereos or hang out at BroadRun Highschool and hit on the freshman girls?

ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO

Anyone that does something wrong and does not MAN UP and take responsibility, and instead takes advantage of the situation to avoid punishment will always think they are above all. This kid would have learned a lot more if he just took it like a man, now he is going to have a short career since he missed out on learning a valuable lesson "accountability"
man, great point.
Last edited by hailskins666 on Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THN's resident jerk.

Skinnyhog

let's not ignore the obvious

Postby Skinnyhog » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:53 pm

While Clarett might be a prick, no honest football fan could without a doubt claim that he won't be a good NFL player.

Now I think his character may be a little suspect, but he doesn't let it get in the way of his play on the field. Gibbs has shown time and time again he can handle personalities (Manley, Riggins, etc.).

If you look at it objectively(i am a michigan fan), the guy singlehanded carried the offense for a national champion as a freshman. And in the biggest game - he made one of the single greatest plays in the history of championship football. Gibbs likes winners. if Clarett's there in the 3rd, take him, if he's there in the 2nd, i won't complain if we take him there either.

don't forget that LC was kicked out(of FSU!) for stealing.

Postby Nate Hogg » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:00 pm

Why don't you tell Warren Sapp to take accountability for smoking dope at Miami? or Randy Moss to take accountability for his countless discretions? or even Laveranues Coles to take accountability for getting kicked out of Florida State? Indefinite numbers of NFL players have cheated, bent the rules and not taken "accountability," yet still manage to be highly successful- in many cases champions.

Games are won on the field, and it takes more than just a great coach to make that happen

SkinnyHog

Postby SkinnyHog » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:15 pm

oh yeah, and what is this mess about him avoiding punishment...etc. he got punished, sat out a year, and now he wants to get paid legally for playing. what does "take it like a man" mean? should he have quit football and left OSU, or should he leave a situation where college officials get fat and rich while the players get paid nothing for a career that if they are LUCKY lasts 4 years?

i'm sure clarett will study hard and learn to "be a man" if he stays at Ohio State for another year, most football players do...

Hog

Postby oafusp » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:21 pm

Does anyone want to spend the time to research all of the BUSTS that only had "one break out year" in college.

1 good year in college, does not equal success in the NFL...never.

You can prove people wrong that say you are too slow, too short, too tall, too fat...BUT too young...nope, you can never have too much experience (and in Clarette's case...pubic hair).
burp.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:42 pm

or even Laveranues Coles to take accountability for getting kicked out of Florida State?
um, coles did take accountability. he even gave an undisclosed sum to the cashier, who was also a student and got kicked out of school, once he signed in the nfl. he did his part to make things right.....and has turned the page and kept his nose clean since. but he was eligable for the draft anyway. and it ended up bumping him to the third round. clarett will face similar obstacles. if he'd just gone to another school, taken his medicine and sat out for his sophomore year, to come back and play his junior year, he probably would end up as a first round pick. that first round pick won't happen with his year of absence.

i'm sure clarett will study hard and learn to "be a man" if he stays at Ohio State for another year, most football players do...
he was out of OSU. instead of sitting his year out of football, and going to another school to play again this coming up year, he decided he was better than that, and better than anyone else who waited three years out of high school to get into the NFL. like i said....PUNK. thats why the rules are the way they are. to let boys mature into men before they take the biggest football stage on the planet. clarett would be eligible next year anyway, and would have had a little more for scouts to look at.
Last edited by hailskins666 on Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THN's resident jerk.

piggie

Postby noshirtforyou » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:50 pm

Nate Hogg wrote:Why don't you tell Warren Sapp to take accountability for smoking dope at Miami? or Randy Moss to take accountability for his countless discretions? or even Laveranues Coles to take accountability for getting kicked out of Florida State? Indefinite numbers of NFL players have cheated, bent the rules and not taken "accountability," yet still manage to be highly successful- in many cases champions.

Games are won on the field, and it takes more than just a great coach to make that happen

Amen to that

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010