Laron Landry

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
|||
Posts: 4334
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Laron Landry

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:30 am

Now that AA is leaving town. That leaves a big hole at strong safety.

I am sure Gibbs still has D line as first priority. I am just saying If we happen to trade down which is a big possibility and we get a late first rounder, and all the Top D lineman are gone I wouldnt mind seeing us pick up Laron Landry.
This guy is another coming of Ed Reed. He may even be better. Laron Landry runs a 4.3 and can tackle like a beast. That one move would solidy the secondary.

We then can use the rest of our picks to shore up the defensive line.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

-----------
Posts: 2498
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:30 pm
Location: Arkansas

Postby Smithian » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:32 am

I've always considered Laron Landry as a good mid-level to lower first round pick. I can think of better picks than him, but I wouldn't be upset by this move.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Pushing Paper
Posts: 4617
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:01 pm

Postby PulpExposure » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:42 am

He's currently being talked about as a top 10 pick.

B-rad
User avatar
Posts: 3064
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:46 am
Location: De La War

Postby brad7686 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:23 am

At this point there is enough safeties on the team with fox, stoutmire, do we still have prioleau? but anyway I'm hoping that Taylor is being considered the strong safety this year because i'd rather have somebody else covering deep personally.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:06 pm

Postby DaRealistJoka » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

brad7686 wrote:At this point there is enough safeties on the team with fox, stoutmire, do we still have prioleau? but anyway I'm hoping that Taylor is being considered the strong safety this year because i'd rather have somebody else covering deep personally.


Y move Sean because of one bad year, he was covering the best a year ago. They changed his techique hopefully he will change it back. Let Sean stay were he is at he is a ballhawk. U will take away his game moving him to SS.
DaRealist Fan
R.I.P Sean Taylor

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:42 pm

Postby fredp45 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:47 pm

I sure hope we don't draft another safety in the first round...

Think D Linemen!!!! It all starts there.

|||
Posts: 4334
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:58 pm

brad7686 wrote:At this point there is enough safeties on the team with fox, stoutmire, do we still have prioleau? but anyway I'm hoping that Taylor is being considered the strong safety this year because i'd rather have somebody else covering deep personally.
Stoutmire? Fox? they are both decent back ups. They are not Starting quality or Pro Bowl caliber.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R211e6JdVew

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bip9KlMxd04

Check these clips out. This is against Big time Programs. Alabama,Miami, Tennesse,Auburn, Arkansas and thats just to name a few. This guy has excelled against the best and has dominated.

I must say we need D lineman I am just saying if we trade down. Hopefully to the Patriots and we can aquire both of there low first rounders.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

-----------
Posts: 2498
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:30 pm
Location: Arkansas

Postby Smithian » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:06 am

Since we're breaking out videos about Landry, here is a video of Laron Landry getting his butt left in the turf by Darren McFadden around the :32 second mark;
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XcssslTgHBQ

Once again, Landry would be a great trade down pick.
Last edited by Smithian on Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

~~~~~~~~~~
Posts: 2765
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:01 pm
Location: Southern California

Postby air_hog » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:09 am

I really would be thrilled if we picked up LaRon Landry because he and ST would be The Most Feared Safety Tandem in the NFL for years to come.

Landry is an excellent athlete, excellent tackler, plays with execellent knowladge and heart and I'm saying excellent too much.

However, we have to upgrade the pass rush and there is quite frankly nothing else to say.

We had like under 20 sacks last year, and the lowest turnovers in NFL LEAGUE HISTORY! LEAGUE HISTORY.

I'm sorry but we cannot deny the fact that our pass rush is probably the worst in the NFL and we have to address the fact.
joebagadonuts on IsaneBoost's signature:
-- "I laughed. I cried. Better than Cats"

Pacman Rules
Posts: 1841
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Lawn Monster

Postby gay4pacman » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:18 am

SEC...always a goodpick up!
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

|||
Posts: 4334
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:10 pm

Smithian wrote:Since we're breaking out videos about Landry, here is a video of Laron Landry getting his butt left in the turf by Darren McFadden around the :32 second mark;
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XcssslTgHBQ

Once again, Landry would be a great trade down pick.
Well Darren Mcfadden is probably the front runner for the Heisman this upcoming season. Mcfadden is an excellent back.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

||||
Posts: 1788
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:17 am
Location: Burke, VA

Postby Redskins Rule » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:41 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:
Smithian wrote:Since we're breaking out videos about Landry, here is a video of Laron Landry getting his butt left in the turf by Darren McFadden around the :32 second mark;
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XcssslTgHBQ

Once again, Landry would be a great trade down pick.
Well Darren Mcfadden is probably the front runner for the Heisman this upcoming season. Mcfadden is an excellent back.


When you say "back" do you mean quarterback or running back? :)
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

|||
Posts: 4334
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:05 am

Redskins Rule wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:
Smithian wrote:Since we're breaking out videos about Landry, here is a video of Laron Landry getting his butt left in the turf by Darren McFadden around the :32 second mark;
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XcssslTgHBQ

Once again, Landry would be a great trade down pick.
Well Darren Mcfadden is probably the front runner for the Heisman this upcoming season. Mcfadden is an excellent back.


When you say "back" do you mean quarterback or running back?
:)
Darren Mcfadden is a running back. He was one of the three finalists for the Heisman. Troy Smith, Brady Quinn and Darren Mcfadden where the three finalists for the Heisman.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

-----------
Posts: 2498
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:30 pm
Location: Arkansas

Postby Smithian » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:07 pm

Darren McFadden is a God. RB, WR, QB... Name it, he's done it. He'll be the #1 overall pick next year when he comes out unless the first team has a franchise RB already.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Fire in the Sky
Posts: 4730
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:31 am
Location: Surfside

Postby SkinsFreak » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:50 pm

I did see that Mel kiper is now projecting the Skins to draft Landry. I wonder what made him change his projections? At one time he had us taking Anderson, then Adams and now Landry.

I've also been wondering, who the Skins might target IF they can't trade down and IF they decide not to draft a d-lineman at #6, due to the high risk involved and the size of contracts. We've heard that many experts believe this current draft class of d-linemen are good, but not worthy of a top ten pick due to the size of the contracts and guaranteed money they will be owed.

For me, if they stay at #6, and considering the aforementioned scenario, maybe this guy would be a nice fit. I like him better than any of the DB's in this years draft class.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010