Possibilities?

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
|||

Possibilities?

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:08 am

Miami has the no.9 pick this year and it looks like the Dolphins are looking to get either Branch or Okoye in the draft. Depending on how it goes draft day the Dolphins may be interested in trading up. They have a second round pick to offer teams as well.

Also the Falcons at no. 8 have two second round picks. They really need a WR. The longshot of Calvin Johnson being available at 6 would have the Falcons offering us there spot in the draft and maybe both theyre second round picks. But this is Big IF. Depending on how the draft plays out.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:22 am

There seems to be people of high interest in this draft, enough of them that at least 1-2 will slip to us.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

-----------

Postby Smithian » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:19 pm

We could trade down 4-5 spots and still get one of these guys; Branch, Adams, Anderson, Okoye, etc.

The thing is if we want one of those players bad enough, then we ened to stay in place and take them.

I would trade down to like 15 and take Patrick Willis.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:32 pm

Smithian wrote:I would trade down to like 15 and take Patrick Willis.
:shock: Why? Where would you play him?
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:02 pm

Miami at no. 9 is looking for either a DT or Brady Quinn. If Brady QUinn happens to still be available at no. 6 there may be a few teams willing to give up there spot and a second round pick. This scenerio will really please us as fans as we could still pick up good Defensive Lineman in the late First round and Second round.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:04 pm

I am praying that Quinn drops to the Redskins (I just can't see Johnson making it past the 4th pick) but I am increasingly worried that Matt Millen is just stupid enough to grab Quinn.
RIP Sean Taylor

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:20 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Miami at no. 9 is looking for either a DT or Brady Quinn. If Brady QUinn happens to still be available at no. 6 there may be a few teams willing to give up there spot and a second round pick. This scenerio will really please us as fans as we could still pick up good Defensive Lineman in the late First round and Second round.

The Dolphins and QB Trent Green have all but reached a contract agreement; there no longer is an issue about whether those two sides can strike a deal. The issue is between the Dolphins and the Chiefs. If those two teams can reach a trade agreement, Miami could opt to try to sign David Carr.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

-----------

Postby Smithian » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:19 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
Well, considering it will take a year for Gregg Williams to play any rookie, then we'll have the time to let him know Lemar Marshall is trash and London Fletcher is old and getting trashier by the day.

Jamaal Anderson running a 4.8 shows he might have trouble at the pro level. The Redskins FO will have to think hard on him. Gaines Adams is too small. Alan Branch is overweight. No great picks.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:45 pm

Smithian wrote:Well, considering it will take a year for Gregg Williams to play any rookie, then we'll have the time to let him know Lemar Marshall is trash...
He is??

and London Fletcher is old and getting trashier by the day
He is??

Something tells me we disagree on the merits of Marshall and Fletcher. Fletcher is not young - I'll give you that. And Marshall isn't a pro bowler - I'll give you that too. But they are both very solid NFL linebackers (at the very least), Washington is a stud, and Rocky needs to be given a chance. With those four in the mix, I see no need to draft another linebacker so high in the draft. I'm not even sure that Willis is the best middle linebacker in the draft. He will not make an immediate difference on this defence.

In any case, this thing about Williams not playing rookies is a myth. Rogers played plenty in his first year, Taylor started from early on, Golston became a starter, and Montgomery played some. I think even Reed Doughty saw some action on defence. The other guys that didn't get a chance just weren't good enough.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:58 pm

1niksder wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Miami at no. 9 is looking for either a DT or Brady Quinn. If Brady QUinn happens to still be available at no. 6 there may be a few teams willing to give up there spot and a second round pick. This scenerio will really please us as fans as we could still pick up good Defensive Lineman in the late First round and Second round.

The Dolphins and QB Trent Green have all but reached a contract agreement; there no longer is an issue about whether those two sides can strike a deal. The issue is between the Dolphins and the Chiefs. If those two teams can reach a trade agreement, Miami could opt to try to sign David Carr.
Either way. If Quinn is available at 6 then there has to be a team who wants him and is willing to give up there spot and second rounder. I am hoping.

Atlanta at no. 8 is really looking for help at WR. I hope that they are impressed enough with another WR other than Calvin Johnson and are willing to give up theyre spot and a second rounder or maybe even a third rounder.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

piggie

Postby SeanTaylorJr. » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:32 am

Smithian wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:
Well, considering it will take a year for Gregg Williams to play any rookie, then we'll have the time to let him know Lemar Marshall is trash and London Fletcher is old and getting trashier by the day.

Jamaal Anderson running a 4.8 shows he might have trouble at the pro level. The Redskins FO will have to think hard on him. Gaines Adams is too small. Alan Branch is overweight. No great picks.

Forty times don't matter

Gaines Adams is a pass rusher, and will probably report at 270-280 range

How do you know how much Alan Branch is supposed to weigh?
On the eighth day God created Sean Taylor- and he was good.

Postby waltfsu1 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:41 pm

The ideal thing to do here is trade down much like we did in 1999 to pick up more picks and still get the guy we want, which i believe could happen as even though it isn't a strong possibility someone of high value to another team( quinn,johnson,peterson) could fall to 6 giving us the opportunity to trade down and still pick up a pretty good player. For those that don't believe this has the slightest possibilty of happening remember last year with the texans drafting williams over bush and 1999 with ricky williams falling to #5

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010