Order in the court!!!

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
piggie

Order in the court!!!

Postby tj123456 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:09 am

Our draft priorities are as stated:

1) CALVIN JOHNSON WR (should he fall this far)
GEORGIA TECH
I dont care who you are, this kid is going to be phenomenal. There are just certain CANT miss picks that seems to have a certain aura around them, this kid is one of them. We all knew reggie bush, sean taylor, carson palmer, champ bailey, orlando pace, bo jackson, john elway, o.j. simpson, dangelo hall, chris samuels, derrick johnson, shawne merriman, lavar arrington............................. were CANT miss picks.

Not that we want him or anything, just making an observation, I believe that Jamarcus Russell is going to be the biggest 1st ROUND bust since Ryan Leaf was taken 2nd by the San Diego Chargers.

2) GAINES ADAMS DE(hope the arizona cardinals do not take him)
CLEMSON
If there was any question as to who was better this past season GA or JA(Jamal anderson), the combine should have answered that. JA had one more sack GA and despite the fact that florida is in the SEC, the ACC has the overall tougher opponents. (and JA didn't have to play florida)

Also, this team has not had a DE to be truly excited about since we all believed that Bruce Smith was going to produce 15 sack seasons for us, ohhh how naive we are truly are.

3) AMOBI OKOYE DT
LOUISVILLE

Probably going to be the best defensive player drafeted in this years draft. Amazing potential., physical attributes, achivements, and incredebly young. The reason people say that he has not reach his full potential yet is because he is only 19 and is still growing into a massive from. Mark My Words, this kid is athletic enough to be the next young Warren Sapp. If we take Allen Branch, and this kid is still available then I am going to go streaking through a church wearing a cowboys helmet, cowboy boots, and a big blue star on each cheek yelling how 'bout them i'diots.

Thanxxx for listening to me vent.

much appreciated................................

Pushing Paper

Re: Order in the court!!!

Postby PulpExposure » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:35 am

tj123456 wrote:There are just certain CANT miss picks that seems to have a certain aura around them, this kid is one of them.

Yeah, like Ryan Leaf, Desmond Howard, Robert Gallery, Tony Mandarich, etc.

All high 1st round picks seem like they're can't miss picks. That's why they are high first round picks....

tj123456 wrote:2) GAINES ADAMS DE(hope the arizona cardinals do not take him)
CLEMSON
If there was any question as to who was better this past season GA or JA(Jamal anderson), the combine should have answered that.

Why? JA didn't work out at the combine. The combine told us nothing about them head to head. And in general, it doesn't tell us much anyways. Look at Mike Mamula. Boy, he rocked the combine, and had such a great NFL career after that, didn't he?

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:57 am

PulpExposure wrote:
tj123456 wrote:There are just certain CANT miss picks that seems to have a certain aura around them, this kid is one of them.

All high 1st round picks seem like they're can't miss picks. That's why they are high first round picks....

I have my eye on Michael Westbrook or Heath Schuler.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:11 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:

I have my eye on Michael Westbrook or Heath Schuler.

:lol:

There is no way you could miss with either of those two!

piggie

Postby tj123456 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:40 am

are you guys really comparing michael westbrook and heath shuler
to calvin johnson.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:51 am

tj123456 wrote:are you guys really comparing michael westbrook and heath shuler
to calvin johnson.

No, what we're saying is there really ARE no can't miss prospects.

Plus, we can go through a whole list of highly drafted WRs, coming out of college, who were considered "can't miss" prospects, and who were massive busts.

Someone very similar to CJ in skill set, athleticism and size is Charles Rogers. Remember him? Yeah, 4 years later, after being the 2nd pick in the NFL draft, he's out of the NFL.

He was a can't miss, once in a lifetime player, too.
Last edited by PulpExposure on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:14 am

PulpExposure wrote:Someone very similar to CJ in skill set, athleticism and size is Carlos Rogers. Remember him?

:shock: Yes, we do. However, he IS NOT similar to CJ in anyway. Carlos Rogers plays for the Redskins and is a DB.

You must mean Charles Rogers. :up:

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:20 am

SkinsFreak wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:Someone very similar to CJ in skill set, athleticism and size is Carlos Rogers. Remember him?

:shock: Yes, we do. However, he IS NOT similar to CJ in anyway. Carlos Rogers plays for the Redskins and is a DB.

You must mean Charles Rogers. :up:

I don't know what you're talking about.... :wink:

*thanks!*

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:12 am

to calvin johnson.

ex-ante, absolutely
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:45 pm

PulpExposure wrote:
to calvin johnson.

Plus, we can go through a whole list of highly drafted WRs, coming out of college, who were considered "can't miss" prospects, and who were massive busts.

Someone very similar to CJ in skill set, athleticism and size is Charles Rogers. Remember him? Yeah, 4 years later, after being the 2nd pick in the NFL draft, he's out of the NFL.

If Calvin Johnson avoids injury he is a can't miss prospect and there is no way to argue otherwise. He has unprecedented physical tools and attitude.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:36 pm

brad7686 wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:
to calvin johnson.

If Calvin Johnson avoids injury he is a can't miss prospect and there is no way to argue otherwise. He has unprecedented physical tools and attitude.

There has never been a "can't miss" guy before who has busted out, right? Oh right, THIS is the guy there is NO chance he will be a bust.

I am so glad you can predict the future without any hesitation. Knowing what will happen in the future must be really cool!

I bet you make a killing when you bet on sports.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:10 am

Ill bet you a million dollars he gets over 1000 yards receiving 5 years.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:31 am

brad7686 wrote:If Calvin Johnson avoids injury he is a can't miss prospect

Sorry, there just isn't any such thing - not even CJ. That isn't a slight on Johnson at all, there is just no such thing as a can't miss prospect.

There are a hundred names that started as 'can't miss' guys that missed.

brad7686 wrote: and there is no way to argue otherwise.

Because you say so??

Well, we may as well just start closing every thread that someone posts a definitive opinion to, then eh? I mean, there's just no refuting definitive opinions right?

Sorry, until the guy's stepped on to an NFL field, it's nothing but conjecture... from ANYONE... and I'm willing to bet that many here share that opinion.

There's PLENTY of ways to argue 'otherwise', but I firmly believe that conversing with anyone who has dug their heels in, is pretty much a complete waste of time and energy. Since you obviously feel that your opinion on this is finite, perhaps you fit that category.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:02 pm

wait a minute..... didn't calvin johnson play in the ACC?? the same ACC that had Wake Forest as their FOOTBALL champion this year? the same ACC that watched Miami have their worst season in who knows how long? cmon, he's not God
XVII XXII XXVI

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:11 pm

brad7686 wrote:Ill bet you a million dollars he gets over 1000 yards receiving 5 years.

That's your definition of a can't miss prospect???

Let me introduce you to:

Anthony Miller 5 1000 yard seasons.

Andre Rison 5 1000 yard seasons.

Mark Clayton 5 1000 yard seasons, *picked in the 8th round of the draft, by the way*.

Drew Hill 5 1000 yard seasons *picked in the 12th round of the draft*

Hell, even Joey Galloway has had 5 1000 yard seasons.

All good players, sure. None worthy of Hall of Fame talk.

That's your measurement of can't miss production, that we should trade your whole draft for?

For the hype he's getting, he'd better be having 10-12 1000 yard seasons, and a Hall of Fame career....

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010