Order in the court!!!

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
~~~~~~

Re: Order in the court!!!

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:39 am

tj123456 wrote: If we take Allen Branch, and this kid is still available then I am going to go streaking through a church wearing a cowboys helmet, cowboy boots, and a big blue star on each cheek yelling how 'bout them i'diots.

I have a camera ready. Just tell us about the time and place. :lol:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:25 am

I am as high on this kid as anyone - I think he truly could be great, even the best ever! I understand that his potential is fantastic and we would be very lucky to have him on the team.

There is just no such thing as a "guarantee" in a sport that involves the hitting that is a part of the NFL - injuries are a part of the game and we can not take a chance on a potential superstar at a position that is not that critical to our future at this time. I remember a Vikings team that had Cris Carter, Randy Moss and someone else. This was a "guarantee" team if ever there was a "guarantee" but they never really were that good because they were not a good "team".

No team is really good without a very good defense. When we beat Denver in the SB it was not because our offense was better that theirs it was because our defense played better against their offense (with a HOF QB) and their defense was non existent - Timmy Smith :shock:

Right now we have a good QB that needs to grow and develop - we have a good bunch of players around him on offense that I think will be effective to very good this year (Saunders and Gibbs are 2 of the best, offensively). We need to get a lot better defensively this year and then continue to add to the team next year.

I love Johnson and hope for all our sakes he stays injury free, finds a good organization (fortunately no other NFC East team can get him :lol: ) and shows that he was the best player in this draft - I just think that we will be a better team this year and in the future if we get better play from our defense as a result of what we do here in the next few months.

We need to "use" this pick to get as many options as we can - hopefully we allow this circus to continue to draft day as I think that will offer the best deal possible.
Griffin can become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby LOSTHOG » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:33 pm

I remeber just a couple of years ago everyone got upset when we drafted ST instead of Winslow II. I don't think anyone is upset now. We got the player we needed in our defense, plus still got an even better TE 2 rds later w/ Captain Chaos. We have plenty of people to catch the ball, now we need players to stop the other team so our offense can get back on the field

Hog

Postby gibbs4president » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:56 pm

LOSTHOG wrote:I remeber just a couple of years ago everyone got upset when we drafted ST instead of Winslow II. I don't think anyone is upset now. We got the player we needed in our defense, plus still got an even better TE 2 rds later w/ Captain Chaos. We have plenty of people to catch the ball, now we need players to stop the other team so our offense can get back on the field

I agree that the Redskins need defensive players, but I don't remember a whole lot of anger about drafting Sean Taylor. He was great in college, and he's great now. Maybe I just wasn't aware that a lot of people wanted Winslow.

After that crazy tirade where he called himself a bleeping soldier, I definitely didn't want the Redskins to draft him. Maybe I was alone. Looks like a good move now, though.

piggie

Postby SeanTaylorJr. » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:16 pm

Charles Rodgers vs. Calvin Johnson = Worst Comparison Ever
On the eighth day God created Sean Taylor- and he was good.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010