You are the Skins new GM, what is YOUR next move?

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.

As the new Skins GM, what is your move?

Keep the #6 and draft Gaines Adams
10%
Keep the #6 and draft Jamal Anderson
2%
Keep the #6 and draft Okoye
12%
Keep the #6 and draft Branch
No votes
Trade down just a few spots, still get a top 12 guy
36%
Trade down to bottom of 1st rd, acquire more picks
10%
Trade #6 for #31 and Briggs plus sign him to big $$$
5%
Trade #6 for Pats #24 or #28 and Asante Samuel
5%
Trade #6 plus Springs or 2008 picks for Detroits #2 (Calvin Johnson)
10%
None of the above, will elaborate in my post
12%

Total votes : 42
Hog

You are the Skins new GM, what is YOUR next move?

Postby fleetus » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:41 am

Personally, I would be actively seeking trade down partners. Falcons at #8, Texans #10, Bills #12, Packers #16 and even Titans #19 may be interested in Peterson if he falls to #6. I think Okoye may end up being the best overall D-lineman in this draft and he may be availble as early as #8 and as late as #12. Atlanta also may be willing to trade up from #8 for Laron Landry. You gotta wonder if Miami #9 or KC #23 might really be interested if Quinn falls to #6. Bottom line, we need to pick up some value to move down while still drafting a key player like Okoye, Anderson, Branch, Carriker or Leon Hall.

So what's your idea?
Build through the draft!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:00 am

I'd trade down while the Cards were on the Clock, would trade out of the top 13 but not below #19. That would allow for more picks (550-775 pts. worth), the trading partner would depend on who's available and which teams have a need. trading down to 10-12 wouldn't get a second rounder and that's what I'd be after. Wouldn't want to go below 19 because then other NFC East team will pick before us. Wouldn't mind picking up a 3rd round also, trading down again would be a option if it invovled another second rounder and a 3rd for the swap. Not likely but that would be my goal. Would do anything until draft day though.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:37 am

I would wait until draft day to see how our pick is going to be valued. If certain people are off the board, I'd trade down.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby El Mexican » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:21 pm

I would call Mike Ditka and trade him our number 6 for a bunch of future and lower round picks, ha!

Seriously, though. I´d definetly trade down. We need all the defensive help we can get because we heve very little depth and the Dline and CB positions.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:10 pm

First off I am looking to move Marshall. Whomever team is willing to give up a first round pick or 2,3 round pick I make the move.

2nd Offer Detroit,Springs and Number six for there no. 2 pick.

With the Number 2 pick I pick up Calvin Johnson.

With Calvin Johnson I offer Tampa Bay a deal in which we trade Johnson and get a second and maybe a third,fourth,fifth,sixth or even a seventh round pick.

Tampa mostly likely gives up there spot and give us a second and third round pick.

With no. 4 pick I take Laron Landry.

With Tampas second Round pick we aquired I take Jarvis Moss.

With the other second round pick aquired for Marshall deal I take Quentin Moses from Georgia he should be available in second round.

Overall goal for draft- Laron Landry, DE,DE or Laron Landry DE,DT
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

~~~~~~~~~~

Postby air_hog » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:42 am

1) I fire Vinny Cerrato

2) I sign ST and Cooley to long term deals right now so they don't become a problem in the future.

3) I shop around the 6th Pick, but knowing there is absolutely no value at that pick, I don't get my hopes up unless Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson slip on Draft day (which won't happen in CJ's case)

4) With the 6th Pick in the NFL Draft I select Amobi Okoye, take the criticism that we drafted him too high, and watch as in 2 years he becomes the most dominating defensive player in the 2007 NFL draft.
joebagadonuts on IsaneBoost's signature:
-- "I laughed. I cried. Better than Cats"

Hog

Postby fleetus » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:24 pm

air_hog wrote:1) I fire Vinny Cerrato

2) I sign ST and Cooley to long term deals right now so they don't become a problem in the future.

3) I shop around the 6th Pick, but knowing there is absolutely no value at that pick, I don't get my hopes up unless Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson slip on Draft day (which won't happen in CJ's case)

4) With the 6th Pick in the NFL Draft I select Amobi Okoye, take the criticism that we drafted him too high, and watch as in 2 years he becomes the most dominating defensive player in the 2007 NFL draft.

I like the way you think! Is this Bill Polian logging into THN for kicks again? Bill, I thought I told you to stop busting Vinny's chops. Maybe we could trade Vinny back to ESPN so he can fetch Mel Kipers coffee and Fat Lenny's donuts?
Build through the draft!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:12 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:First off I am looking to move Marshall. Whomever team is willing to give up a first round pick or 2,3 round pick I make the move.

Do you really think that is what you can get?

With Calvin Johnson I offer Tampa Bay a deal in which we trade Johnson and get a second and maybe a third,fourth,fifth,sixth or even a seventh round pick.

Tampa mostly likely gives up there spot and give us a second and third round pick.

With the other second round pick aquired for Marshall deal I take Quentin Moses from Georgia he should be available in second round.

I cannot see that coming together, I'm sorry
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:14 pm

IMOwe keep the pick until draft day and have more of an idea what we can get - I would not lose that leverage until the draft starts.
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog

Postby jazzskins » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:38 pm

I realize that there are several good D-linemen in this draft but none is worth the Contract that a #6 pick will demand. And thus, I make a trade for Samuels, swapping first rounders with the Pat's. We have three CB's who are injury prone! And we can easily get a young impact player int he bottom of the first round. If the Pats ask for more, I don't pull the trigger. Then I would wait for draft day, when its likely that someone in the top five will pull a headscratcher. Then I orchestrate a trade down.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:11 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:First off I am looking to move Marshall. Whomever team is willing to give up a first round pick or 2,3 round pick I make the move.

Do you really think that is what you can get?

I cannot see that coming together, I'm sorry
Ok Like I said. As of right now I am looking to move Marshall For a 1st Second or third round pick.

If not next Move is to try and trade spots with Detroit by offering our no.6 and Springs,or Marshall.

Right now as a GM I am trying to aquire extra picks for Marshall. Dangling the bait out there to see if there are any takers. If not then oh well. You get it you got to at least try and see what you can get. No where did I say that it would be guaranteed. I just said I would test the waters and see what we could get for Marshall.

Right now San Diegos back up running back is a hot commoditie. I might offer them Marshall for Michael Turner. If we aquire Michael Turner I offer him for a first round pick.

RIght now San Diego lost there middle linebacker to the chiefs. They need a good MLB. They might give up a second round pick or third round pick.

Get the picture. I am making moves not sitting on my a$$. Dangling the bait out there trying to make something happen. If it happens it will help us. IF not oh well keep moving on.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:32 pm

If we can trade up to no. 2. Then draft C. Johnson. With C Johnson we offer a team his rights for three to four first day picks.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:34 am

Oh yeah I forgot to mention one more signing I would also resign Lavar Arrington under the Vet minimum and give him a incentive based contract. Also have him rehab and have him back by mid season.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:52 am

Would the incentives involve him having his mouth wired shut, and taking a look at the playbook?
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:06 am

Show this man the door!

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010