We should take Calvin Johnson

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:15 pm

I don't expect we'll take CJ either. We've had bad luck with WR in the first round (Gardner, Howard, Westbrook) but if ever there was a time to take a chance, this is it.

What we really need is another 1981 draft:

1. Mark May, T, Pittsburgh
3. Russ Grimm, G, Pittsburgh
4. Tom Flick, QB, Washington
5. Dexter Manley, DE, Oklahoma St.
6. Larry Kubin, LB, Penn St.
8. Charlie Brown, WR, South Carolina St.
9. Darryl Grant, G, Rice
10. Phil Kessel, QB, Northern Michigan
10. Allan Kennedy, T, Washington St.
11. Jerry Hill, WR, Northern Alabama
12. Clint Didier, WR, Portland St.

Probably the best Redskins single seasn draft of all time.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:02 pm

Gregg Williams should give Us The Redskins his blessing to trade up and take possibly the greatest recieving prospect since Jerry Rice. His words should be "Joe I'll give you a top 15 defense with the horses I have"
HAIL

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:37 pm

ROTFALMAO That would be a great line in a movie - not going to happen here ROTFALMAO
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog
Location: Redding, Ca: Repping Santa Cruz, the real Surf City in Cali!

Postby Californiaskin » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:59 pm

does calvin remind you guys of Mike Westbrook? I bet he could beat the snot out of stephen davis!

We dont need that dude like we need some d-line help.

Shoot whatever recievers we have wont be on the field if we dont patch up our D!

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:25 pm

Saying we won't have to make that decision because he won't fall to 6 is a moot point because I think it's a consensus that we would have to trade up to #2 assuming the Raiders go qb which isn't a given by a long shot. People who are not adamant about us getting CJ don't get it...this guy is something special...he's not peter warrick he's art monk only faster.
HAIL

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:41 pm

he's not peter warrick he's art monk only faster

It would be more accurate to say he's TO or Randy Moss, but with Art Monk's attitude... I have no doubt he is that good, but, that still misses the point.

No player, and especially not a player who will touch the ball no more than 10 times a game, is worth what it would cost to get him.

The skin's should either:
a. Trade down for picks, or
b. Take the best availible player at 6 (most likely LaRon Landry). I won't be hurt if they take Okoye or one of a handful of other D linemen.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:09 pm

I have no problem with trying to get the 1st or 2nd pick - I would be very surprised if Gibbs gave up any picks for next year's draft to do that though - the only reason to trade up is to try and get Johnson and I really do not think we can make a better offer than Tampa will - PLUS - we are not going to be that good a team with Calvin Johnson this year that it makes any sense at all to give up the picks we are still going to need next year.

This team needs to start thinking about getting better this year and next - we can be a playoff team this year but we will not be with the world's best, all time, WR and a defense that cannot stop anyone.
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010