Please Draft Calvin Johnson

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
G4L

Please Draft Calvin Johnson

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:38 pm

We have Moss and El...then it gets sketchy with lloyd...what makes us think brandon is a number two? Last year he had every opportunity and didn't produce. Calvin Johnson will strike fear into every team we face and with Santana opposite and Cooley in the slot! Forget about it. Give JCam the perfect weapon Moss, Johnson, Lloyd, El, Cooley! Defense is a need but the bottom line is the guys we already have on Dline need to just step up. At wideout however we are missing that guy, that possesion reciever who can also stretch the field. I suggest we trade #6 and next years 1st for Calvin Johnson. I just keep having the vision of us going down to dallas and lining up Calvin and Moss and it being lights out.

If CJ is an absolute no possibility... Laron Landry next to ST baby.
HAIL

Hog

Postby LOSTHOG » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:58 pm

Landry over Jphnson, but I still feel we will trade down a bit and end up with a DE w/ a mid 20ish pick and hopefully have a 2nd or 3rd rd pick to go w/ it

Hog

Postby LOSTHOG » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:01 pm

Hey everyone must be asleep. this is a draft thread and it hasn't been moved yet...and its been up for 2 hrs. I guess Big Brother needs sleep too. :lol:

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Just resting their eyes.... :wink:
Or maybe checking for pinholes in my eyelids... MODS NEVER SLEEP
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

####

Postby JPM36 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:25 pm

We don't need Johnson or Landry.

We need defensive linemen....
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:34 am

Do you really think Johnson is gonna be available at #6? I certainly don't!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:24 am

Justice Hog wrote:Do you really think Johnson is gonna be available at #6? I certainly don't!

I'm getting the feeling that he won't be avaiable at #2 :shock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:15 am

Yeah... we need five big receiving targets in a run-based offense.

:oops:

NFL receivers would never, EVER complain if they didn't get the ball enough.

And you want to give up next year's number one to get him as well?

Are you My Cousin Vinny per chance? :twisted:

Why don't we just trade Marcus Washington and Sean Taylor instead of giving up next year's pick... after all, if we had a 'can't miss' prospect like CJ, we wouldn't need defense. :wink:
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

####

Postby JPM36 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:50 pm

If we used 2 #1 picks to get a WR I'd be furious. I don't care how good Calvin Johnson is that would be a horrible move.
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:36 pm

In other words, some of us say "please don't draft Calvin Johnson".

Unless...
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:51 pm

Yeah... we need five big receiving targets in a run-based offense

Saunders offense is run based? I guess I missed all those I-formations he had marshall faulk running out of...wait that's right OUR OFFENSE IS A PASSING OFFENSE. Only reason we still run is to set up big pass plays, gone are the days of 50 gut.
HAIL

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:15 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:
Yeah... we need five big receiving targets in a run-based offense

Saunders offense is run based? I guess I missed all those I-formations he had marshall faulk running out of...wait that's right OUR OFFENSE IS A PASSING OFFENSE. Only reason we still run is to set up big pass plays, gone are the days of 50 gut.

Huh. Did you watch the Redskins play at all in the last 6 games of the year?

You're also referring to Mad Mike Martz' offense in St. Louis. When Saunders was the Offensive Coordinator for real, in KC, what do you remember?

Oh yeah, Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson running the ball. A lot.

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:37 pm

PulpExposure wrote:Huh. Did you watch the Redskins play at all in the last 6 games of the year?

In all fairness, the main reason why we were so "run heavy" the last six games of the year was because they didn't want to put too much pressure on Campbell; not yet having the time to gel with our receivers at that point. Gibbs said that in a press conference.

I think Saunders offense displays a nice balance of both the run and the pass.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:52 pm

In all fairness, the main reason why we were so "run heavy" the last six games of the year was because they didn't want to put too much pressure on Campbell; not yet having the time to gel with our receivers at that point. Gibbs said that in a press conference.

I think Saunders offense displays a nice balance of both the run and the pass.

Thank You Freak! Hey I want to run the ball just as much as anyone. Reality is CP had problems last year call it injury or whatever bottom line no production, then late in the year JCam was being limited somewhat but not this year. I'll bet we throw more td's than rush for them next season anyone wanna take that bet for the record?
HAIL

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:55 pm

SkinsFreak wrote:In all fairness, the main reason why we were so "run heavy" the last six games of the year was because they didn't want to put too much pressure on Campbell; not yet having the time to gel with our receivers at that point. Gibbs said that in a press conference.

They also said they were getting back to "Redskins" football, which intimates a change of offensive philosophy more than purely to accomodate a young QB. Our team has 2 guys with 1000 yards rushing. We don't have even have 2 1000 yard receivers. It's easy to do the math with which we're more successful doing...

Gibbs4Life wrote:I'll bet we throw more td's than rush for them next season anyone wanna take that bet for the record?

I'll happily take that. But that's not a great measurement of run/pass. Run/pass playcall ratio is.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010