07 Defensive Prospects Undersized/Overated

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
G4L

07 Defensive Prospects Undersized/Overated

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:08 pm

So I've done mucho research and watched all videos what I've come up with is the reason our pick is so hard to decipher is yes We Need Defense however the top prospects on that side are all undersized and overated...with the possible exception of Alan Branch. He is really the only guy that looks like an nfl stud (6'6 3+) I was eager to believe the hype on Landry but watch his videos...there are no Sean Taylor type hits, he just isn't the guy I think that he has been annointed Meriweather is just as good if not better. Still I am vigorously advocating we move up to lions #2 spot and snag CJ, but as many have argued thats a dream scenario, more likely is we pick 6 with Okoye, Gaines, Landry, Branch and Jamaal Anderson on the board...in which case it looks like Branch is our guy, sucks for Salavea though.
HAIL

~~~~~~~~~~

Postby air_hog » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:20 pm

Dude, you can't proclaim Landry isn't like Sean Taylor just by watching "Highlight" videos on YouTube. Those only show the big hits and the INT's.

To really see how a player is, you need to watch either the actual games or flim (which fans don't have, but luckily the our scouts do)

I mean, you need to see how does Landry play in Cover 2 type schemes? How does he fair against your average run of the mill running play? Does he seal up his sided of the field and force a throw to the opposite side?

And IMHO, I think trading UP for CJ at #2 could be one of the dumbest moves in recent Redskins history.
joebagadonuts on IsaneBoost's signature:
-- "I laughed. I cried. Better than Cats"

piggie

Postby SeanTaylorJr. » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:35 pm

air_hog wrote:Dude, you can't proclaim Landry isn't like Sean Taylor just by watching "Highlight" videos on YouTube. Those only show the big hits and the INT's.

To really see how a player is, you need to watch either the actual games or flim (which fans don't have, but luckily the our scouts do)

I mean, you need to see how does Landry play in Cover 2 type schemes? How does he fair against your average run of the mill running play? Does he seal up his sided of the field and force a throw to the opposite side?

And IMHO, I think trading UP for CJ at #2 could be one of the dumbest moves in recent Redskins history.

Ya it'd be nice if they we all as good as they look on youtube, my grandpa would look good on youtube!!

How dare you insult CJ like that, anyone would be lucky to snag him, regardless of the cost; I give my own leg, maybe an arm or kidney though too.
On the eighth day God created Sean Taylor- and he was good.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010