Moving Up

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Fire in the Sky

Moving Up

Postby SkinsFreak » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:08 pm

Aside from what we might do with our 6th overall pick, anyone think we'll move up from the late rounds? Something like a trade involving one or more of our late rounds picks to perhaps move up into the 3rd or 4th round?

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:41 pm

We don't have anything really to offer. We should just stay where we are at and take guys. Then next year we should have a full draft, or pretty much close to it.

piggie

Postby Britskin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:11 am

I agree - we don`t have much to deal with but I am sure that we will want at least a 3rd rnder this draft. so if we don`t get that by trading down from the 6th overall , look for us to trade next years 2nd rounder for a3rd this time. Not what I want but I feel that we do need the 3rd rounder this year - I`d rather get it by trading down in the 1st round though.
Lets go Redskins !

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:39 pm

Logically at some point we have to stop making these moves. We need to have a draft where we have all or at least most of our picks. Just take our licks this year. At some point we need to do it so that we can work toward the future.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:09 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Logically at some point we have to stop making these moves. We need to have a draft where we have all or at least most of our picks. Just take our licks this year. At some point we need to do it so that we can work toward the future.

Gibbs went into this off-season saying the 2008 picks were off-limits. So far so good, in years past we'd have traded at least 2 of the first 5 picks by now.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:58 pm

1niksder wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Logically at some point we have to stop making these moves. We need to have a draft where we have all or at least most of our picks. Just take our licks this year. At some point we need to do it so that we can work toward the future.

Gibbs went into this off-season saying the 2008 picks were off-limits. So far so good, in years past we'd have traded at least 2 of the first 5 picks by now.

I think that you are both right on here :up: If we were a player or 2 away from being a very good team then we should think about getting more picks in the first 3 rounds BUT we are not close IMO :cry:

We should do the best we can with who we have and who we can add in the draft and with players who are cut by other teams that will add to our team for this season.

Next year we need to be able to have a full selection of draft picks (to draft and trade) and concentrate on the big picture.

This team, this year, with a successful next few months and having some breaks go our way will most likely be just a good football team but not really a SB contender - Gibbs will want a lot more than that.

This coming year and before next off-season we have to begin working on keeping the players we need and have a full selection of draft picks to get this team ready for a long playoff run both in 2008 and for the seasons beyond.

Next year we are going to be facing some tough choices IMO to replace some very good older players to get younger and faster. We are going to need those draft picks both for the draft and to make some trades.
Hail to the Redskins

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010