Players Sliding?

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
||||||

Players Sliding?

Postby EA7649 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:06 pm

Calvin Johnson, Gaines Adams, Amobe Okyoe have admitted to smoking pot. Do you think Johnson or Adams could drop to us. I think that Adams might, no way Johnson will.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NF ... 041807.htm

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:29 pm

:hmm: Uhhh... is smoking pot a bad thing? Hmm. 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:40 pm

No way. I don't think that this will affect them at all. I think that more than anything, this will help them. In this day and age, for a kid to be honest with the team to say I have done it in the past, but its the past is a good thing. I would think that they are less likely to have it become a problem in the future.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:22 pm

pot is fun...but it sucks when your trying to get a job. Thank God for the music business.
HAIL

Hog

Postby gibbs4president » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:24 pm

I doubt they'll drop because of that, and I guess it shouldn't be that big of a deal. It's not like any of them are as odd as Ricky Williams was, where he left the NFL then devoted his life to just doing nothing and smoking pot all day.

It would probably be a better thing if more athletes admitted to doing similar things. No one's perfect.

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:19 am

Fred Smoot was supposed to be a first round pick, but he dropped to us in the second after being arrested for possession of pot. My 2 cents
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:41 am

I don't think it's a big deal most big time corporations ask if you've used it before and aren't looking for you to say "no" but to be honest and tell them the truth as a gauge of character.

Now if you've been using it recently, then thats when it becomes an issue. :lol:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:49 am

JansenFan wrote:Fred Smoot was supposed to be a first round pick, but he dropped to us in the second after being arrested for possession of pot. My 2 cents

It's a whole different beast to say "Yes I tried pot" when asked in an NFL Interview, and to have a drug arrest (though the charges were later dropped), a month before the NFL draft.

One is an example of honesty (I'm sure if they lied and said "No, never tried the stuff", no one would have been the wiser), the other is a statement of a public record. And you'd want people a month before the NFL draft to show some decent judgment and stay clear of trouble. That's really not too much to ask for :)

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:34 pm

PulpExposure wrote:
JansenFan wrote:Fred Smoot was supposed to be a first round pick, but he dropped to us in the second after being arrested for possession of pot. My 2 cents

It's a whole different beast to say "Yes I tried pot" when asked in an NFL Interview, and to have a drug arrest (though the charges were later dropped), a month before the NFL draft.

One is an example of honesty (I'm sure if they lied and said "No, never tried the stuff", no one would have been the wiser), the other is a statement of a public record. And you'd want people a month before the NFL draft to show some decent judgment and stay clear of trouble. That's really not too much to ask for :)

The saddest thing is these guys said this in confidence. Someone leaked the info to the press. This will probably have guys not being honest in the future.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010