Dwayne Bowe?????

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
^^^^^^^

Dwayne Bowe?????

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:05 pm

Skins moving down?
<Apr. 20> Popular opinion is that Washington would like to make a foray up the draft board to pluck Georgia Tech's Calvin Johnson. But don't be surprised if the Redskins' quest for a wide receiver to complement Santana Moss actually results in a move back in the first round, writes ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Redskins were in Baton Rouge earlier this week checking out LSU wide receiver Dwayne Bowe. The Redskins are interested enough in Bowe to have brought along starting quarterback Jason Campbell to throw to him.

Fire in the Sky

Re: Dwayne Bowe?????

Postby SkinsFreak » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:18 pm

frankcal20 wrote:writes ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli.

Enough said. Didn't they also bring Jason along to throw to Calvin Johnson or some other receiver?

A good friend of mine is an E'gals fan and he has been really talking this guy up and really wants him.

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:48 pm

Check out this hit on a MLB by Bowe. It's not like we need another WR, but this guy is an absolute stud who will do well at the next level and it would be nice to have a guy like this. Does more than just catch the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNm2rFzdvW8&NR=1

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:57 pm

I can see why Gibbs would love to have him. :shock:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:09 pm

Yep.....thats a nice hit. Its also nice to hear that he has a lot of experience with Jason and running the WR screen play. I'm sure Santana would love to have someone else run it.

~~~~~~~~~~

Postby air_hog » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:17 pm

Seriously, there is no way that Len can really think we would trade down for a WR.

How do his editors allow him to write such ridculous stuff.

Do they not realize that when this doesn't happen, they look like total fools?
joebagadonuts on IsaneBoost's signature:
-- "I laughed. I cried. Better than Cats"

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:58 pm

air_hog wrote:Seriously, there is no way that Len can really think we would trade down for a WR.

We are talking about the article aren't we???? I think that is what editors want....Discussion.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:41 pm

air_hog wrote:Seriously, there is no way that Len can really think we would trade down for a WR.

Ted Ginn Jr. and Dwayne Jarrett may go before him making him the 4th at best WR off the board. A trade with NE getting there 2 first rounders would make it possible for the Skins to draft him and a D-lineman.

If it's a Big WR they want this is the trade to make, it would mean letting NE keep either their 3rd or 4th pick (I'd like to get both :D ) or ask for their 2008 2nd rounder (probally would kill the deal though). At any rate at #24 if Dwayne Bowe is gone they still could get Jarrett (6'4) or Robert Meachem (6'2), Then again maybe that pot smoking dude from GT falls to #6 :D
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:37 pm

Its going to be funny how this works out over the next week. Its going to be fun to hear all the rumors over the next week.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:49 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Its going to be funny how this works out over the next week. Its going to be fun to hear all the rumors over the next week.

They'll get wilder and wilder as Sat. approaches :D
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:13 am

If leave the NFL Draft with any reciever at all his name should be Calvin.
HAIL

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:01 am

1niksder wrote:If it's a Big WR they want this is the trade to make

I think you're right. Gibbs was very concerned about our lack of production in the red zone last year. Calvin will be used to stretch the field and we have Santana who already performs in that capacity with a unique gift for attacking the ball in the air. Also, even if they wanted Calvin, his price tag will be way too high.

Bowe would have a huge presence in the red zone and will probably have more of an impact there, something we actually need. The fact that he has big hands, a huge wingspan and great leaping ability makes him a huge threat in the red zone. Add to all of that the physical nature in which he plays and his good blocking ability, he will make an impact for which ever team drafts him. Bowe has all of the intangibles and characteristics coaches covet at the pro level.

I'd even bet that someone like Bowe would end up with more TD's than Calvin, who will be doubled all the time. And I would take Bowe over Lloyd in a heartbeat.

On Bowe:

Has very good size with a solid frame and a vast wingspan...Excellent leaper with good body control and ball skills...Great natural athlete...Has big, strong hands...A long-strider who plays faster than he times...Is an excellent blocker...Physical and runs pretty well after the catch...Tough and is not afraid of contact...A force in the red zone who has made a lot of big plays during his career...A leader with solid intangibles...He has only touched the tip of the iceberg in terms of his potential.

~~~~~~~~~~

Postby air_hog » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:58 pm

1niksder wrote:

Ted Ginn Jr. and Dwayne Jarrett may go before him making him the 4th at best WR off the board. A trade with NE getting there 2 first rounders would make it possible for the Skins to draft him and a D-lineman.

If it's a Big WR they want this is the trade to make, it would mean letting NE keep either their 3rd or 4th pick (I'd like to get both :D ) or ask for their 2008 2nd rounder (probally would kill the deal though). At any rate at #24 if Dwayne Bowe is gone they still could get Jarrett (6'4) or Robert Meachem (6'2), Then again maybe that pot smoking dude from GT falls to #6 :D

Well first off that New England scenario would never work becuase NE isn't dumb enough to trade 2 first rounders for the #6, no matter what the stupid chart says.

And there are too many holes to fill than to use one of like our 4 picks on a WR when we already have like 100 Million invested in that position.

I'm hoping that Atlanta will want to trade up with from #8 and throw in like a 3rd Rounder, then we could still get Okoye and then draft one of the kids who for some reason falls on draft day itself, for example like what seems to be happening to LeMar Woodley.
joebagadonuts on IsaneBoost's signature:
-- "I laughed. I cried. Better than Cats"

Hog

Postby fleetus » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:43 am

air_hog wrote:
1niksder wrote:

Well first off that New England scenario would never work becuase NE isn't dumb enough to trade 2 first rounders for the #6, no matter what the stupid chart says.

And there are too many holes to fill than to use one of like our 4 picks on a WR when we already have like 100 Million invested in that position.

I'm hoping that Atlanta will want to trade up with from #8 and throw in like a 3rd Rounder, then we could still get Okoye and then draft one of the kids who for some reason falls on draft day itself, for example like what seems to be happening to LeMar Woodley.

I agree. You have to ask yourself who would NE want at #6? Would they really give up 2 1st rounders to get Laron Landry or Leon Hall? Doesn't seem their style. Don't even mention Calvin at #6, it is not worth the space I just used to type it. He falls no farther than #4. 99% he's gone by #2.

Atlanta or Houston would be good trade partners but if they're not interested, selecting Okoye #6 would be fine with me.

What I do like about this article is it shows the FO working diligently to cover all their bases. They've looked at players projected to go #1 all the way down to the mid twenties. Sounds like they will be prepared should a sweet deal present itself :D
Build through the draft!

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010