Dwayne Jarrett IS Anquan Boldin

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

Dwayne Jarrett IS Anquan Boldin

Postby andyjens89 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:56 am

comletely dominant in college, but oh no you CANT play in the NFL with 4.6 speed.... idiots....
XVII XXII XXVI

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:02 am

Jarret will do just fine, as long as he comes in with an open head and doesn't get wrapped up with the wrong guys. I'm sure at some point someone will make the "Mike Williams a bust" quote on here and I swear I am going to scream if I hear that again. I will create a new topic in around the league.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:29 am

Dwayne Jarrett may not run a fast forty yard dash. He runs a good hundred yard dash though. Most importantly he can catch a football.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby BernieSki » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:20 am

I read that the first 10 yards is the most important for a receiver. It is the explosion off the line that is important, it creates separation.

When Anquan Boldin was tested he was one the fastest players at the combine in the first 10 yards.
BernSki

Hog

Postby fleetus » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:11 pm

I've never understood why they measure players in shorts and t-shirts when they play in pads and helmets.

Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 40 also.
Build through the draft!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:22 pm

fleetus wrote:I've never understood why they measure players in shorts and t-shirts when they play in pads and helmets.

Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 40 also.

Yeah, and he was rubbish.

Oh no, wait, I'm thinking of somebody else.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

swine

Postby DiRTyHoG3026 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:58 pm

Boldin did run a 4.7 at his pro day, but that was just a month after having surgery on his leg. He ran a 4.4 at fsu. I just hate when people point to him as a reason why a slow guy can succeed when he was never slow, he just wasn't 100% for his 40.

With that said, I think Jarrett could definately end up being better than Johnson if he ends up in a good situation. He's come up big in almost every important game at usc. Against OU for the NC he had 5 catches for 115 yds and a td. Against ND he had 4 for 101yds including the huge 4th down grab for 60 yds. Against Texas he had 10 catches for 121 yds and a td. In the rose bowl against Michigan he had 11 catches for 200-plus yard and 2 tds. He's a big time playmaker regaurdless of his speed.
#26 Clinton Portis best back in football

Redskins 4 life baby!

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:56 pm

DiRTyHoG3026 wrote:Boldin did run a 4.7 at his pro day, but that was just a month after having surgery on his leg. He ran a 4.4 at fsu. I just hate when people point to him as a reason why a slow guy can succeed when he was never slow, he just wasn't 100% for his 40.

he may not have been slow, but thats the reason he fell to round 2
XVII XXII XXVI

piggie

Postby SeanTaylorJr. » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:52 pm

DiRTyHoG3026 wrote:Boldin did run a 4.7 at his pro day, but that was just a month after having surgery on his leg. He ran a 4.4 at fsu. I just hate when people point to him as a reason why a slow guy can succeed when he was never slow, he just wasn't 100% for his 40.

With that said, I think Jarrett could definately end up being better than Johnson if he ends up in a good situation. He's come up big in almost every important game at usc. Against OU for the NC he had 5 catches for 115 yds and a td. Against ND he had 4 for 101yds including the huge 4th down grab for 60 yds. Against Texas he had 10 catches for 121 yds and a td. In the rose bowl against Michigan he had 11 catches for 200-plus yard and 2 tds. He's a big time playmaker regaurdless of his speed.

You may hate it but all of those people are right. You may not know that basically anyone on this this earth who can run would do so faster at their pro day. This is a result of fast tracks (usually), track shoes, usually not electronic timing (usually .1-.3 seconds slower) sometimes they have the wind to their backs, familiarity with environment, very little pressure relative to combine, among other things. If you actually believe that players are as fast as their pro days say you're nuts. Here's and example At Mike Vicks Pro day for instance 4 players clocked times in the 4.2's, three of which would be NFL combine Records...

Now that we all understand that pro days are fast, I'll be the first to admit that forty times are retarded, I elaborate on this in a old thread on NFL draft a page or two in called "COmbine Overrated" or something like that, so check that out.

Yes Dwayne Jarret is a beast, don't compare him to ANquan though, Just because Dwayne is slow doesn't mean he is physical like anquan, Dwayne is actually a bit soft. But he is an amazing receiver who SHOULD excel in the league.

And next person who makes a mike williams comparison is an idiot

Also For Bernieski a few posts above, ANQUAN had a 1.61 10 yd dash, very, very unspectactular. For perspective, there were 13 other RECEIVERS faster that year.
On the eighth day God created Sean Taylor- and he was good.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:42 pm

Mike Williams was drafted by Detroit!!!

Do I really need to say more than that.

If Calvin Johnson gos to Detroit guess what? His career may go downhill as well. Or any player for that matter.

Back to the subject. Dwayne Jarrett will be an excellent posession reciever.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

piggie

Postby SeanTaylorJr. » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:16 pm

Does no one realize CJ can't go to Lions???

They have a hex on them & receivers

ROy Williams

Resigned mike furrey, signed shaun mcdonald

No one to throw 2 him

No one to block for the guy who would throw if he was there

Mike Martz offense doesn't need/require/want any big time receivers----smaller, quicker, intelligent receivers can perform very well under him

swine

Postby DiRTyHoG3026 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:47 pm

SeanTaylorJr. wrote:

You may hate it but all of those people are right. You may not know that basically anyone on this this earth who can run would do so faster at their pro day. This is a result of fast tracks (usually), track shoes, usually not electronic timing (usually .1-.3 seconds slower) sometimes they have the wind to their backs, familiarity with environment, very little pressure relative to combine, among other things. If you actually believe that players are as fast as their pro days say you're nuts. Here's and example At Mike Vicks Pro day for instance 4 players clocked times in the 4.2's, three of which would be NFL combine Records...

Now that we all understand that pro days are fast, I'll be the first to admit that forty times are retarded, I elaborate on this in a old thread on NFL draft a page or two in called "COmbine Overrated" or something like that, so check that out.

Yes Dwayne Jarret is a beast, don't compare him to ANquan though, Just because Dwayne is slow doesn't mean he is physical like anquan, Dwayne is actually a bit soft. But he is an amazing receiver who SHOULD excel in the league.

And next person who makes a mike williams comparison is an idiot

Also For Bernieski a few posts above, ANQUAN had a 1.61 10 yd dash, very, very unspectactular. For perspective, there were 13 other RECEIVERS faster that year.

I'm not retarded, I know all that crap about the difference between pro days and combine times. The 4.7 was at his pro day, not the combine. What I'm saying is he is a 4.4 when at 100%
#26 Clinton Portis best back in football

Redskins 4 life baby!

piggie

Postby SeanTaylorJr. » Fri May 04, 2007 8:09 pm

dont be bitter, you can be a great player without having blazing speed
obviously i knew that the 4.47 was at the pro day, or I wouldn't have said all that...

If you could tell me what surgery he had and when that would be helpful too, because it is possible to find basically every surgery a player's had, and he had one his soph. year 2001 (acl), and then 2 in the pros, but i found no record of the surgery you speak of...hmmm

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010