Your Draft Thoughts!

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
^^^^^^^

Your Draft Thoughts!

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:29 pm

After hours of thought on our first round pick I must say that I am not quite as upset as I was earlier. I think the best emotion to explain what I feel is disappointment. I see numerous teams that find ways to move up and down in the draft and somehow alway have a ton of picks and seem to get what they need. I think that having our team not really getting value out of the majority of decisions that we make tends to weigh down on me. Not to mention it doesn't transition into wins.

I now feel fine with our pick because he does have tremendous upside and I hope that we can make some moves to get some guys who fill an area of need for us without giving away the house.

Hog

Postby thaiphoon » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:33 pm

I see numerous teams that find ways to move up and down in the draft and somehow alway have a ton of picks and seem to get what they need. I think that having our team not really getting value out of the majority of decisions that we make tends to weigh down on me. Not to mention it doesn't transition into wins

You've encapsulated my feelings EXACTLY !!!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:36 pm

See what being hungover on draft day will get you!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:36 pm

This is the best offseason we have had in a long while. We are not done yet by far. We still have serious holes in the DL. But if DT and DE are addressed in the remaining part of the offseason, I will be a very happy fan.

These are the moments when trades such as TJ Duckett hit hard. A pick blown away for nothing. Let us take the positives and accept the fact that this is an offseason -different- and certainly -better- than anything we have seen over the last decade.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:49 pm

You are right though RIC. I would love to go into the draft next year with all of our picks. That would set up the 08 season to stock to the roster with quality talent.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:57 pm

There needs to come a time when you bite the bullet over what you don't have.

They've left the 2008 draft intact and the longer it stays that way, the better.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:50 am

I'm disapointed we could not get 2 or even 3 picks out of the 6 pick but I'm also very glad that we did what we did - This guy was very highly rated by a lot of "experts" - we are paying for the "deals" we did - some of those may still be "worth the price" - there is still time and we really do not have a full appreciation of how much some of our younger players may "help" this season.

I'm hopeful that we can still get a better product on the field this season because we were not as bad as our record IMO and, we still have a number of very good players here and a full draft for next year.
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:52 am

We were so injured last year our guys couldn't show what they could do. I would hope that last year was our rebuilding year. I would love to beat ttit both times, knock out the gmen, and split with the eagles. If we did that, we would have to be first in the division. Come on guys. Cambell is going to make or break us this year.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:59 am

Well, if anybody wants to see a serious upgrade to the defensive line for next season, they should be prepared to see next year's number one pick disappearing in a trade over the coming weeks. My 2 cents
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:05 am

Yeah, no thanks.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:38 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:Well, if anybody wants to see a serious upgrade to the defensive line for next season, they should be prepared to see next year's number one pick disappearing in a trade over the coming weeks. My 2 cents

Not gonna happen. If it were it would have happened on March 1 or yesterday at the draft, not in June. Why pay the price to get back on track with the draft and not overhaul in FA and then blow it now giving up a #1?

I think the DL took too much of the heat last year anyway, it was a total D failure not just them. With Golston and AC having another year in our system and a more solid LB corps and secondary we should improve and be better set up next year with our draft picks intact.

I'm not predicting Super Bowl, I'm predicting improvement. We have to get out of this every year thinking Super Bowl, the problem is you so seldom get there at all that way.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:46 am

I think that AC is going to have a better year. I think that we are going to see a new defense out there.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:54 am

frankcal20 wrote:I think that AC is going to have a better year. I think that we are going to see a new defense out there.

I agree with you. And there's potential that we come on late and surprise somebody in the playoffs as JC gels with the receivers and the defense improves throughout the year. Hopefully no big injuries like last year!!!!

Then we really would have something to build on.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:25 am

i'll mirror what a few others have said, i would have rather had defensive line(and maybe another pick or two), but landry still seems to be a solid pick.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:57 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:Well, if anybody wants to see a serious upgrade to the defensive line for next season, they should be prepared to see next year's number one pick disappearing in a trade over the coming weeks. My 2 cents

Not gonna happen. If it were it would have happened on March 1 or yesterday at the draft, not in June. Why pay the price to get back on track with the draft and not overhaul in FA and then blow it now giving up a #1?

I think the DL took too much of the heat last year anyway, it was a total D failure not just them. With Golston and AC having another year in our system and a more solid LB corps and secondary we should improve and be better set up next year with our draft picks intact.

I'm not predicting Super Bowl, I'm predicting improvement. We have to get out of this every year thinking Super Bowl, the problem is you so seldom get there at all that way.

Blasphemy! That being said, I totally agree
RIP Sean Taylor

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010