Official Undrafted Free Agent Signing Thread

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 424
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:37 pm
Location: Orlando

Postby HardDawg » Wed May 02, 2007 8:58 pm

I want Dexter Manley's boy when he comes out of Oregon!
Strength, though vital, must always be at the servitude of wisdom!

Pushing Paper
Posts: 4594
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:01 pm

Postby PulpExposure » Thu May 03, 2007 9:00 am

HardDawg wrote:I want Dexter Manley's boy when he comes out of Oregon!


Maybe he'll actually be able to read when he gets out of college, unlike Dexter?

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon May 14, 2007 12:07 am

brad7686 wrote:
Nice pickup. Yahoo has this guy in the 260's and he's built like a bowling ball. He can use his hands well, can penetrate and get under the tackles pads. Good speed and quickness. One of those players that slipped cuz he is 6'2" and only because of that, because 12.5 sacks is productive. I like this. Maybe a few more? ESPN had him as a linebacker, rated slightly better than Sartz.


Click the Highlight Video link
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Fire in the Sky
Posts: 4730
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:31 am
Location: Surfside

Postby SkinsFreak » Mon May 14, 2007 8:39 am

1niksder wrote:
brad7686 wrote:
Nice pickup. Yahoo has this guy in the 260's and he's built like a bowling ball. He can use his hands well, can penetrate and get under the tackles pads. Good speed and quickness. One of those players that slipped cuz he is 6'2" and only because of that, because 12.5 sacks is productive. I like this. Maybe a few more? ESPN had him as a linebacker, rated slightly better than Sartz.


Click the Highlight Video link


I like this kid. I think he has some real potential.

^^^^^^^
Posts: 9014
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Postby frankcal20 » Mon May 14, 2007 9:56 am

One thing you have to notice though is that he plays really high, runs straight up and uses more of a bull rush to get to the qb instead of his hand. Nice type of guy to groom. I like the fact that he plays both sides. Some guys only play one side of the line so he's versatile.

G4L
Posts: 2359
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:45 pm
Location: no

Postby Gibbs4Life » Fri May 25, 2007 11:31 pm

Our DL is a ?,


Is Corny done? Should he have a bad year in 07' you have to make the argument.

Salavae, was he ever a legit #2 DT?

Montgomery was who I really hoped would come along, still a work in progress.

We have questions at DL and Greg Blache gets alot of praise when things go well but if 07 starts out ugly we have to look somewhere for help/blame.
HAIL

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 29, 2007 8:21 am

IMO, Blache can't be the scapegoat in this situation. You can't fault the man when he's given a lack of proper tools. Aside from the oft injured Daniels and Corn what top tier talent have we given him?

We found some young guys and he's worked them up pretty well.

We either need to feed him more young guys (which they've done) and hope they're good players or get him a monster.

I think he's done great so far with what he's been given. Injuries aside.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Pushing Paper
Posts: 4594
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:01 pm

Postby PulpExposure » Tue May 29, 2007 9:21 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:IMO, Blache can't be the scapegoat in this situation. You can't fault the man when he's given a lack of proper tools. Aside from the oft injured Daniels and Corn what top tier talent have we given him?


Andre Carter was a top 10 pick (7th pick in the 2001 draft), and Renaldo Wynne was the 21st pick in the 1997 draft. He has some first rounders!

(But yes, I agree 100% with you...he's not exactly working with any star defensive linemen...a few good ones, and that's it).

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 29, 2007 10:44 am

I actually forgot about Carter...

Pushing Paper
Posts: 4594
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:01 pm

Postby PulpExposure » Tue May 29, 2007 10:51 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I actually forgot about Carter...


I had a feeling you had. You forgot about him. What does that tell you? :)

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 29, 2007 11:03 am

PulpExposure wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I actually forgot about Carter...


I had a feeling you had. You forgot about him. What does that tell you? :)


That I'm disgusting, vile fan that should be banished?

The Evil Straw
Posts: 8135
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Leather Chair

Postby Fios » Tue May 29, 2007 11:16 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I actually forgot about Carter...


I had a feeling you had. You forgot about him. What does that tell you? :)


That I'm disgusting, vile fan that should be banished?
I wish injury on you which is not the same as injuring you because I can't control that!
RIP Sean Taylor

~~
User avatar
Posts: 8446
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:12 pm
Location: Northern Virginia

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Tue May 29, 2007 11:47 am

PulpExposure wrote:
HardDawg wrote:I want Dexter Manley's boy when he comes out of Oregon!


Maybe he'll actually be able to read when he gets out of college, unlike Dexter?


frankcal20 wrote:One thing you have to notice though is that he plays really high, runs straight up and uses more of a bull rush to get to the qb instead of his hand...


So, it's true what they say, huh? The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :wink:
Back and better than ever!

Pushing Paper
Posts: 4594
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:01 pm

Postby PulpExposure » Tue May 29, 2007 12:21 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I actually forgot about Carter...


I had a feeling you had. You forgot about him. What does that tell you? :)


That I'm disgusting, vile fan that should be banished?


Or it just reinforces your point that he doesn't really have anyone good to work with, since you can't remember him?

:wink:

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 29, 2007 12:30 pm

Fios wrote:I wish injury on you which is not the same as injuring you because I can't control that!


I fight dogs.

joking for the sensitive


PulpExposure wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I actually forgot about Carter...


I had a feeling you had. You forgot about him. What does that tell you? :)


That I'm disgusting, vile fan that should be banished?


Or it just reinforces your point that he doesn't really have anyone good to work with, since you can't remember him?

:wink:


I like him, I hope he starts off strong.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010