One of the top draft gurus

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
sfir

One of the top draft gurus

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:07 am

Talked about being bold and talked about the Pats trading both their first rounders to move up to the 5th pick to take Kevin Jones for their RB solution.

He suspects that due to the two picks that we have left with holes needed to be filled.

He thinks if they don't make this trade they trade down a couple of spots and maybe take Udeze.

If they trade down he thinks they will go two DLinemen(though that will depend on FA obviously)

He thinks one DE and one DT - Dockett, Starks as the DTs to watch with these picks

(I still say Starks and Troupe if they pull this trade)

He has Starks rated #1 in the draft at DT

Personally, I agree with the idea of doing this - fill the holes first and foremost - there is a safety that many people are saying is much better than Taylor who went back to school for his senior year - I have now heard a couple who have said the same thing - this guy beats Taylor with no problem.

Taylor showed up a little heavy at his pro day and ran a 4.51 and the knocks on him was that he was slow on run support. (Don't shoot the messenger - just reporting what I heard)

This gets more interesting as the days roll on :)
Rich in Roanoke

---------

Postby redskins56 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:56 am

Udeze is a beast, but I wouldn't mind trading with the Pats for the two lower round picks...

-Geepz

piggie

Postby cjpck44 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:57 am

Yeah, getting two lower picks would be good. NE's been real smart with their draft picks though, not sure if they would give us two. I think we'd take Starks or Wilfork with the higher one and trade the other one down to get yet more picks. I loved Taylor in the games last year, but his workout definately was a throw off.

Why would these guys waste that much money by not being at their best? I'll never figure it out. Remember Cecil the Deisel ---- Cecil the peeping tom ---- Cecil I know longer play in the NFL and peeping tom doesn't pay like it used to?
Touchdown, Washington Redskins...

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:39 am

I just asked Chris Mortenson what he feels will happen here for his chat show - I hope they post the message
Rich in Roanoke

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010