Taylor workout "sucked" - WARNING - RUMOR

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
sfir

Taylor workout "sucked" - WARNING - RUMOR

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:50 pm

TAYLOR'S WORKOUT "SUCKED"

A league source tells us that, despite published reports singing the praises of Miami safety Sean Taylor in the wake of his Saturday workout at the "U"'s Pro Day, Taylor's workout "sucked."

(Litigation avoidance alert -- the following quotes are the opinions of a league insider, not statements of fact.)

Per the source, Taylor "ran slower than expected, he was out of shape, looked listless in the drills, and did everything half-assed."

It was reported that Taylor cut the session short due to a tweaked hamstring. "The 'tweaked' hamstring," said the source, "was an excuse for not being in shape.

"We are not stupid," the source added. "If you have a ham[string] pull, you are not able to do drills. He did the drills but only like an out of shape fat guy. He was sucking wind big time."

As a result, the source predicts that Taylor "is not one you can trust and I see his draft stock falling. He has had weeks to get ready for this workout and wasn't. What does that tell you?"

The source summed up his thoughts as follows: "[This is] [a]nother case of a very immature junior who thinks he is better than he is. I wouldn't touch the guy. A great talent, but what are you buying? A potential bust. He is no different than Clarett and others who think that we owe them something. We owe them nothing. These are job interviews and they are failing big time."

This is the url:http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I am not endorsing it - only reporting it

If it has any truth though - even half - I don't want him more than I didn't want him before.
Rich in Roanoke

swine

Postby Pudgeman37 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:11 pm

I heard about Sean Taylor's unimpressive workout from Mortenson. Hmmm...I think the Redskins are going to trade down, but not that far. we still might get Taylor or a DT, or possibly a LB, a CB, Winslow, or still down for a cheap price.
There's a term for my signature, REDSKINSESQUE!!!

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:00 am

I honestly don't think he will drop down. I'll stil take him.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:54 am

I certainly wouldn't want Taylor if he's got this kind of work ethic... I think we're getting Harris or Winslow :)

---------

Postby redskins56 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:21 am

Don't look to much into this... Who cares that he had one bad day, or that he struggled running from one cone to another. The thing to remember is that he's going to be a beast, and no one will remember this when he is lighting WR'
s up next year...

I don't think we'll get him, nor should we, but he'll be good..

-Geepz

Hog

Postby skins75 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:37 am

I watched this guy all season long (in person) and believe you me he is going to be a star. I was and am really sold on him but due to a limited amount of picks we will probably trade down. I say trade down only if the offer is worth it. I dont want someone to give us a late first round and mid rounder because that would not be worth it.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:37 am

I agree Skins75 - I don't think we ought to move down more than 5 spots and get a mid second to mid third rounder.

If we can get NE to pony up - I would take it and maybe move down with the 32nd to get Troupe/Watson if either is available.
Rich in Roanoke

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010