De or Safety?

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
~~~

De or Safety?

Postby Champsturf » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:46 pm

I'm sorry if this thread has been hashed out already, but this is my first time in this particualr forum.

Since Gibbs has said that we will probably be keeping the #5 pick, do we take Taylor at safety or pick up a DE? I was thinking that maybe DE would be the way to go and Will Smith from Ohio State would be a great addition. I saw on the NFL channel that they thought he was one of the best DE in the draft and I've been watching him play for a couple of years and would have to agree. He would be starting if we picked him, for sure. He's a great pass rusher and a pretty good run stopper too. He has a great knock for being around the ball.

Any thoughts?
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:26 am

sean taylor! sean taylor! sean taylor! sean taylor!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:43 am

if there was a julius peppers available, i'd say DE, but theres not. while there are a couple guys who will have decent careers as pass rushers, i still gotta say we go for taylor. he's a game changer, AND i'm sure you've heard of a saftey blitz :shock: :up: :celebrate:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby floridaskinsfan » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:24 am

safety--Sean Taylor needs ot be in B&G

---------

Postby redskins56 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:40 am

We need a DE more, there is no debating that, but there isn't a DE worth taking at #5. If we were to get a DE it would be through trading down, and then we would get one with our higer pick, and possibly another good one with the other low first or early second round pick.

However, you wouldn't hear me complaining if the Skins took Taylor at #5, and called it a draft after an hour on day one...

---Geepz

Hog

Postby skins75 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:51 am

Udezie is the top rated DE in the draft and the only way we take him is if we move down. If we stay at #5 it will probably be Taylor (if he is still around). If he goes before #5 we need to move down.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:37 pm

Although I'd like to take Taylor...signing the 5th pick is going to cost someone big $$$. However...I want him. He's going to be a stud according to everything I've read.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Hog

Postby hkHog » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:45 pm

Yes, take Taylor. With the addition of Washington we have two linebackers (Wash. and Arrington) with enough speed and power to get at the QB when they blitz. Taylor could blitz as well and Williams wants to use Lavar as a DE as well. With Arrington playing the weakside he's gonna be knocking QB's out of the game just like he did when Marvin Lewis was in town. Yes, a DE would be nice and we do need help at this position but I think our D-line is gonna be a little more geared to stopping the run and breaking down the line. We'll blitz a lot and that is how we're going to get pressure on the QB. Our D-line is going to be much better, I promise. I don't think any of the DE's in the draft are good enough to give up on Taylor and we need help at Safety as well. I say we take the best player possible and it's even better that he will boost our secondary. Remember, no more Champ Bailey. We need a big play guy.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010