release of Lynch may effect our draft plans.......

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

release of Lynch may effect our draft plans.......

Postby skin_to_the_bone » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:23 pm

Well, it didn't take long for the rumors to fly and reporters everywhere are convinced that newly released perinial pro bowl SS John Lynch is headed to Hog country. He is getting up there in age but his numbers and leadership speak for themselves. If he is willing to take abouthalf of what the Buccaneers were expected to give him then the Skins might bite at this and then trade down in the draft and hope to land either Harris, Udeze, or Winslow. This being that 2 of those three and covieted Sean Taylor are all ready taken. Who knows but the plot has thickened even more than ever. Say we do trade down to Houston ( the 10th overall pick in the first round) and get a 3rd and/or 4th rounder packaged with the pick. If none of the 4 guys we want are there then trade down again to New Engalnd who has the 21st and 32 pick. Heck it worked a couple years back and we got Ramsey as the last pick in the draft 2 years ago. New England wants RB Jackson and might jump at it if the Lions don't take him with the 6th pick and he continues to slip to the 10th. We may end up with 5 or 6 picks again before its done and have the best overall draft and free agency. That can't be ignored, but the further you trade down the talent bar does diminish. Either way I have the utmost faith in Gibbs and his staff. We are gonna be a hell of a team next year already and its only gonna get better. Hail to the Redskins and our born again Cheif.

swine

Postby Pudgeman37 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:40 pm

The keyword you said was: SS John Lynch.

I think this is a perfect situation for the 'Skins to pick up Lynch, hopefully on a reasonable price. He's a strong safety, Sean Taylor is a FREE safety If we signed Lynch, and Ohalete goes signs somewhere else, The 'Skins picked up a draft pick (I think low, but still a draft pick). I want sleepers and I think we should draft DE Isaac Hilton (from Hampton in the dirty South VA, y'all). He's suppose to be Jevon Kearse-like with the same size and speed. If we coach him up well, he would be a steal, although peeing in his undies is a no-no (True story)

Sha-BOO-Yahtzee

Tracy :shock: [/u][/url]
There's a term for my signature, REDSKINSESQUE!!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:36 pm

Oh, so HE'S the one who was trying to boost his weight by loading up on liquids, but then didn't time the weigh in very well... Seems that leg crossing technique will only get you so far... and "when ya gotta go, ya gotta go! :)
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010