5th pick what is the best thing to do?

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

5th pick what is the best thing to do?

Postby DaRealistJoka » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:38 am

What's up people, what do u think the redskins will do?
Trade to Houston what is the chances of that happen?
I think we should not trade our 5th pick and draft Taylor and get a pass rush DE in the 5th round(Issac Hilton) The skins really never had a Safety of his caliber, only way I would trade down is that Taylor gets pick before we pick. With the aggressiveness of our new D he would be perfect. No d-linemen in this draft is worth this high of a pick.

What are your opinions?
DaRealist Fan
R.I.P Sean Taylor

Hog

Postby dnpmakkah » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:56 am

I would use the pick and draft the best player available.

On a side note: How come people want this topic on the draft board? It is Redskin related and there have been numerous topics about the draft on this forum. Including one by Justice Hog that was a pole question about the draft.

Do all draft questions and comments need to go to the draft forum or is it only certain ones? Thanks :?:

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:30 am

Do all draft questions and comments need to go to the draft forum or is it only certain ones? Thanks
yes, anything draft related should be here. we try to keep everything as readable as possible. thats why we have the draft forum. :wink: i've also moved some things out of hogwash to around the league. same concept. it's not like you're breaking any rules by doing it, but it helps keep the boards a little more "tidy".
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby dnpmakkah » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:45 am

Gotcha, Thanks.

Postby skinswin » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:04 pm

Look for Gibbs to go for a third wide receiver. He has Gardner and Coles and he always has run a team with a pounding back (Portis) he hopes now and three wide receivers. If Larry Fitzgearld out of Pitt is aviable look for him to be a Redskin. The other option you should watch is Kellen Winslow Jr. out of Miami. It is almost a guarantee it will be a receiver just am not sure which one.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Welcome aboard :)

Winslow, maybe. WR? with the problems we have on DL and with questions at safety? I somehow don't see them going with Fitzgerald since we have McCants, Gardner, and at this point Scott Cloman as possession WR. They are all around the same speed and size as Fitzgerald.

I still think, also, though I could see the upside to a Winslow, I believe we have a large corps of blocking TE... with a couple who can catch... as well as at least one guy tagged with the Hback label already - Bryan Johnson.

I figure it is Taylor or a trade down for a DE and a couple more picks.
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby surferskin » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:00 pm

i HOPE we go for taylor but if we can trade down and go for the #10 and get a 3rd/4th round picks that would work too. i just think with the impact roy williams has had on the cowgirls D i'd like to see taylor make a similiar impact with us and i think he could.
"People that think they know it all are especially annoying to those of us who do."

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:52 pm

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to trade down and get either Starks or Udeze or both, depending on the trade.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010