Sam Bradford?

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:15 pm

frankcal20 wrote:No Way. I would prefer to have Cooley and Fred on the field at the same time vs no guarantee with our current WR Corps.

I'm still encouraged that Thomas and Kelly as well as Davis are going to be much better than we thought after last season - the offensive line's cohesion may take a little longer but I do think that we'll have a decent offensive line next year - let's face it, we are certainly going to see a better offensive line than we have had here this year - this truly was an offensive O line

having a QB like Bradford grow with his wideouts could be great for everyone :roll:
Hail to the Redskins

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:03 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:But we have Fast Freddie

Who do you see trading a #1 for Cooley??????

Mike Ditka is out of coaching.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:46 pm

Who would trade a no.1 for Cooley?

I'd say lots of teams for example Panthers, Patriots, Oakland, Pittsburgh, plenty of teams.
HAIL

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:55 pm

There is not one team in the NFL who would think for even two seconds about trading a 1st round draft pick for Chris Cooley. Not one.

First of all, he's not that good... second of all, you have NO idea if he'll be back to 100%
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:There is not one team in the NFL who would think for even two seconds about trading a 1st round draft pick for Chris Cooley. Not one.

First of all, he's not that good... second of all, you have NO idea if he'll be back to 100%

He is that good, but no TE is worth a 1st rounder.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:52 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Skinsfan55 wrote:There is not one team in the NFL who would think for even two seconds about trading a 1st round draft pick for Chris Cooley. Not one.

That's just semantics isn't it? When he was 100% healthy he was the 6th best TE in football. Even a top guy like Kellen Winslow, Ozzie Newsome, Tony Gonzalez or Shannon Sharpe isn't worth a #1. Thus Cooley is not good enough to command a #1.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Postby 72wasbest » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:49 am

NO, NO, NO, NO! Please NOOOOOOO.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:53 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

That's just semantics isn't it? When he was 100% healthy he was the 6th best TE in football. Even a top guy like Kellen Winslow, Ozzie Newsome, Tony Gonzalez or Shannon Sharpe isn't worth a #1. Thus Cooley is not good enough to command a #1.

I don't agree with your assessment that he is only 6th best, but yes, I said no TE is worth a 1st rounder.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:55 pm

Bradford schedules workout with Redskins

Top draft prospect Sam Bradford is scheduled to have a private workout with the Redskins before next month's draft, according to Ben Dogra, one of Bradford's agents.The Redskins are one of two teams who have scheduled such private workouts and will see Bradford in Norman, Okla., on April 15th, one week before the NFL Draft.

Bradford is the second quarterback confirmed to visit with the team in person, joining Florida's Tim Tebow. The Redskins could also take a closer look at Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen.

It's not unusual for a team with a first-round pick as high as the Redskins -- No. 4 overall -- to check out the top prospects in person, but the visit does seem to confirm the team's in Bradford, rated by most as the best quarterback available in next month's draft.

Many expect Bradford to be off the board by the time the Redskins make their first selection. It's probably too early for such a definitive proclamation, though, as the St. Louis Rams, who hold the draft's No. 1 pick, will also take a closer look at Bradford. The Rams have scheduled a private workout with Bradford for April 12.

Todd McShay, an ESPN draft analyst, said on a conference call Thursday that the No. 1 pick is Bradford's to lose, meaning that he'd have to perform poorly at his Pro Day and in his meetings with the Rams to slip out of the draft's top spot. Bradford will throw for the first time for NFL coaches and scouts during his Pro Day, which is scheduled for March 29. Most of the top
teams in the draft, the Redskins included, are expected to be in attendance.

Bradford is still recovering from shoulder surgery and did not throw at last month's NFL Scouting Combine, nor did he participate in Oklahoma's Pro Day earlier this month. Clausen's Pro Day is scheduled for April 9 in South Bend, Ind., while Tebow participated in Florida's Pro Day earlier this week.

Tebow is reportedly scheduled to visit five teams in-person, including the Redskins.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:46 am

SkinsJock wrote:a lot is going to depend on who is the HC and the make-up of the FO - If the new HC gets an opportunity to draft a future really good QB that he thinks will suit what he wants to get done offensively, then I believe we'll take a QB

if the guys coming in here think that they can find a QB to manage the offense while they rebuild the offense, then I believe we will concentrate on doing whatever it takes to bring in as many offensive players as possible

the biggest changes that I think will happen here do not involve players per se - I believe the new management team and the new attitude that the new coaching staff will bring here will help this franchise a lot - the level of talent currently available in the NFL will mean that as long as they both keep players that suit what the co-ordinators want to get done and bring in both draft picks and free agents to also contribute will see this franchise move forward a lot quicker than what we think given what we saw the last couple of years

this franchise just needed to have Snyder realize that he has made some terrible mistakes - with Snyder's support and a bunch of guys who know what they are doing running things here, we have a decent chance at seeing marked improvement here this next year

a future great QB who can lead the team both on the field and off will be a huge step

I know just the girl for you. Her name is Pollyanna.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:07 pm

you are obviously a fun person to be around :lol:

this franchise has come a long way - I'm just as anxious as anyone to move ahead but it is going to take a while - it would be great if this franchise had some of the important pieces like a decent (even serviceable) QB, but we don't, and that has to be addressed as soon as we can - if we have to wait to be able to get a QB that can be great here for the next 10-12 years then it obviously delays things a bit so hopefully we can find a way to bring in Bradford

one thing for sure - some people here are just not going to be happy, no matter who we pick - they just don't like what the new guys are up to :lol:
Hail to the Redskins

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:04 pm

Of course they would. And he is that good. He's one of the top TE's in football and probably the best TE in Redskins history. He's also just reaching his prime.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:07 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Cooley's better than all the guys who mention except Gonzales and Gonzales is 33.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:09 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Skinsfan55 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I don't agree with your assessment that he is only 6th best, but yes, I said no TE is worth a 1st rounder.

Of course they are. Your statement is absurd and not supported because there is nothing to support it.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:39 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:

Of course they would. And he is that good. He's one of the top TE's in football and probably the best TE in Redskins history. He's also just reaching his prime.

I just don't agree with this assessment - Cooley's good and he's worth a lot to this franchise but "he is that good good" is just BS - that is just so wrong :D

BUT ... to follow that up with "He's one of the top TE's in football and probably the best TE in Redskins history" shows that you are just not in touch with what is going on here and is very informative about your player assessments :lol:

thanks for clearing that up :D
Hail to the Redskins

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010