Sam Bradford?

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

Postby Paralis » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:23 pm

Deadskins wrote:I don't agree with your assessment that he is only 6th best, but yes, I said no TE is worth a 1st rounder.

The 49ers, the Browns, the Jets, the Bears, the Jaguars, the Patriots, the Lions, the Steelers, the Colts, the Seahawks, the Giants, the Packers and the Ravens all disagree, and that's just since 2001.

But hey, that's only 13/32 teams. So technically, a majority of NFL front offices may still agree with you!

edit: can't count

Hog

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:03 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:Is Sam Bradford better and Colt Brennan?

Is Stephen Hawking smarter than Carrot Top?
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:55 am

I just feel that our guys are hoping to get Bradford. I'm not sure how high they are on Claussen but I would imagine they take Okung if Bradford goes to the Rams

The Rams could still get Kolb or McNabb from the Eagles and leave Bradford for us

as far as the QB situation here this season I see the current crop of Bartel, Brennan, Grossman and Campbell handling the job until we can both get some help along the line and see how quickly the offense starts to play together under Kyle and the offensive coaches guidance and leadership - I think Brennan and Bartel are looking at trying to stay on the team
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Postby SidelineScouting » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:12 pm

If the 'Skins are fortunate enough to land Sam Bradford, you should take him. Personally, I'd pass on Clausen for Okung, but if Bradford falls to 4...I'd hope Shanahan doesn't even hesitate to pull the trigger on Bradford.

Hog

Postby fleetus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:32 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:I would draft Bradford. Bradford to Kelly was deadly at Oklahoma. Trade Cooley for a number 1 and get an olineman

Brilliant! :roll:
Build through the draft!

Hog

Postby fleetus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:36 pm

BigRedskinDaddy wrote:

ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO
Build through the draft!

Hog

Postby fleetus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:42 pm

Paralis wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I don't agree with your assessment that he is only 6th best, but yes, I said no TE is worth a 1st rounder.

The 49ers, the Browns, the Jets, the Bears, the Jaguars, the Patriots, the Lions, the Steelers, the Colts, the Seahawks, the Giants, the Packers and the Ravens all disagree, and that's just since 2001.

But hey, that's only 13/32 teams. So technically, a majority of NFL front offices may still agree with you!

edit: can't count

It started with one guy talking about how Cooley is really not that good :roll: and ended with a couple of guys agreeing no TE is worth a 1st rounder. :lol: So let's see, take a Pro Bowl TE for a 1st rounder? or a rookie TE with no NFL experience?

Cooley no good? Do I really need to post the numbers? and we're not talking about Fouts to Winslow here. We're talking about a guy who has done it every year despite some regular coaching and QB changes. I could understand some cowpuke fans being this stupid, but Skins fans? Really??? :shock:
Build through the draft!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:21 am

We are not trading anyone UNLESS by doing so we put the team in a better position to be successful in a few years - we are not trying to make this team be better for the short term we are in a rebuilding mode for the future - there are certain things you have to do to help get the team through the next couple of years and unless you can make deals that are worth doing you sometimes just keep the player and move on

I do not think that we get much for Cooley OR, to put it another way, why trade a guy that can help the franchise AND no other team is going to give you a deal that helps in the rebuilding process

we obviously would do a lot to get into position to get Bradford but that is not going to be easy
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:24 am

BigRedskinDaddy wrote:

Best response in months! =D>
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby fleetus » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:16 am

Vernon Davis was drafted 6th overall. Winslow went 7th overall after the Skins drafted Sean Taylor 6th. NFL teams do use 1st round picks, even high 1st rounders to obtain TE's.

Winslow just got traded last year to the Bucs for a 2nd + a 5th, even with all his baggage. Winslow is definitely faster than Cooley, but their numbers compare over the past 3-4 years. With Cooley having fewer receptions, but more TD's and slightly better YPC (11.5 vs. 11.3).

Cooley is one of the few solid players on this team, where you can say, he is a leader, works hard and does his job. You just don't trade guys like that, because, it's those type of guys you are hoping to add, not the other way around.
Build through the draft!

Hog

Postby fleetus » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:56 am

Back to Bradford. With a possibility that the Rams trade their 2nd round (33) + Atogwe for McNAbb, the draft could be shaken up considerably. I think this rumor makes sense because StL has a defensive coach who built his reputation (NYG) through having a dominant DL rotation that offenses could not control. There are a couple of great looking DT's available at the top of the draft board and I bet he would love to draft one of them instead of Bradford, but he has to have a viable QB to satisfy the owner and fans.

Plus, a StL team that started Mcnabb at QB and Suh or McCoy at DT would be a lot better than the same team with a rookie (Bradford) QB. Philly solves their problem at QB by getting decent value for the aging McNabb and opening the door for Kolb.

So what does this mean for the Skins? Well, I think it makes the #3 pick (TB) the hot spot for Bradford. Maybe someone trades up to #1 or #2 to jump ahead for for Bradford. Still don't see the Skins getting him unless Shan-Allen think he is worth blowing up their draft for him.

Also, there is a solid chance that Detroit drafts Okung at #2 instead of a DT. So, we could be in a spot at #4 where neither Bradford or Okung are there and either McCoy or Suh is. If McCoy is, we need to pass or trade. If Suh is, I don't think you can pass up a guy as dynamic as him. Haynesworth/Kemoeatu/Suh would be the nastiest front 3 in football by 2011.
Build through the draft!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Unless the Rams don't like Bradford's pro day they are taking Bradford - we are hopefully going to get Okung

the 2 DTs are going to the Lions and the Bucs

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby fleetus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:09 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Unless the Rams don't like Bradford's pro day they are taking Bradford - we are hopefully going to get Okung

the 2 DTs are going to the Lions and the Bucs

If the Rams trade for McNabb they won't be picking bradford or any other QB at #1. and it makes a lot of sense for them. I think they'd do it in a heartbeat. BUT, McNabb only has a year on his contract, so any trade would be contingent upon McNabb agreeing to an extension. Why would McNabb do this if he can wait one more season and go wherever he wants as a free agent? He'd have to like StL quite a bit and i doubt that is the case. They may have to settle for Bradford and all his question marks at #1.
Build through the draft!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:18 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:
Skinsfan55 wrote:There is not one team in the NFL who would think for even two seconds about trading a 1st round draft pick for Chris Cooley. Not one.

First of all, he's not that good... second of all, you have NO idea if he'll be back to 100%

Of course they would. And he is that good. He's one of the top TE's in football and probably the best TE in Redskins history. He's also just reaching his prime.

When was the last time a team traded a first round pick for a tight end? NO TEAM is going to give us a first round pick for Cooley. A second rounder, maybe. A first, no chance in hell.
Suck and Luck

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:00 pm

For the last few weeks everyone was looking to Bradford's pro day and despite a lot of media hype and hope by some fans here - Bradford is going to be a Ram unless he absolutely blows this - we are hoping that the Rams will take McNabb but that is not happening - Bradford is all they want unless he absolutely sucks on March 29th

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010