Sam Bradford?

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:29 am

SkinsJock wrote:
fleetus wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I think that for Gil Brandt to say that in his opinion Bradford looks like he will be a very good QB is really a very big deal

I don't think that Bradford should be the #1 overall draft pick BUT I do think we should take him at 4 no matter who else is available :lol:

I also do not want to try and trade up for him either

Brandt also told Holmgren if he drafts McCoy and runs the West Coast offense, he would make them forget about Joe Montana. you have to take these comments with a grain of salt. Although, I do like McCoy quite a bit.

totally agree - both Brandt and Holmgren also thought the Redskins should take Bradford but if he's gone we should take Okung - I like the way these guys think - almost makes me feel like I know what I'm talking about :shock:

Operative word is almost ;)

Postby djactionman » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:32 pm

The only defining reason I might say that Shan would draft Colt is *because* they aren't working him out. He did that with Cutler-who would have been an elite Broncos QB, they should have never let Shan go, and never let JMcD bobble that and make that mess.
The best thing the Skins have done in a long time is hire Shanny- a new era is upon us all. This offseason is a telling thing, smart moves, brains over wallet.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:30 pm

djactionman wrote:This offseason is a telling thing, smart moves, brains over wallet.

Still seems to be plenty of wallet to go around too!

Hog

Postby fleetus » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:50 pm

As an interesting note, read this about how intelligent we skins fans are, according to Peter King.

Factoid of the Week That May Interest Only Me

The impact of this note is moot now that the Redskins have acquired McNabb, but I find it an interesting sign of an intelligent fan base. The Washington Post asked its readers last week if they favored the Redskins moving up in the draft to acquire the draft rights to Oklahoma quarterback Bradford.

In most cases, fans of teams without a certain quarterback of the future would jump at the chance to take a kid who is a legitimate franchise quarterback prospect. That's why the result of this poll surprised me. Post readers, 25,330 of them as of this weekend, were 57 percent against, 42 percent in favor. (Don't ask me why it doesn't add up to 100 percent; I'm just reading off the paper's Web site.)

Those are some mature readers who know their football, readers who are tired of an aging, leaky offensive line getting passer Jason Campbell chased all over the field. Not that GM Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan are going to pay attention to the poll, but it's interesting that a solid majority of a team's fans would rather have a tackle many of them have never heard of than a quarterback who might be a longtime Pro Bowler.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... z0kM5dwArN
Build through the draft!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:34 pm

sorry fleetus, but there is absolutely nothing that this scum says or writes about our Redskins that really interests me in the slightest

I think this article in the post was reported earlier in this thread and maybe even by me but more in line with supporting the fact that most fans here want to get the offensive line here fixed after what we saw last year

that being said - getting a future HOF QB (which Bradford is) here would be great - just not happening this year :lol:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:35 am

SkinsJock wrote:sorry fleetus, but there is absolutely nothing that this scum says or writes about our Redskins that really interests me in the slightest

Agreed... If we're so friggin smart, why did it take him so many years to come to the same conclusion as us about Art Monk? :roll:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:40 am

Yeah, who's this guy to say we're smart? Oh wait... does this mean we shouldn't agree?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:52 am

aye holdup, he said a tackle that we never heard of? so he's calling us dumb again i guess because i'm dag gone sure all of us knew who okung was
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:16 am

SkinsJock wrote:that being said - getting a future HOF QB (which Bradford is) here would be great

Well, I'll say one thing. You have a 50% chance of being right!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:40 am

Countertrey wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:sorry fleetus, but there is absolutely nothing that this scum says or writes about our Redskins that really interests me in the slightest

Agreed... If we're so friggin smart, why did it take him so many years to come to the same conclusion as us about Art Monk? :roll:

I believe he's the guy who outright admitted that he voted for Monk just so they wouldn't have to keep debating his candidacy year after year. (It was either him or the other numnuts . . . Dr. "Z"(??))

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:23 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

I believe he's the guy who outright admitted that he voted for Monk just so they wouldn't have to keep debating his candidacy year after year. (It was either him or the other numnuts . . . Dr. "Z"(??))

It was he. Dr d'Zs still voted against him.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010