4th pick in 2010

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.

Who should the Redskins pick 4th in the draft?

Sam Bradford
3
6%
Eric Berry
2
4%
C.J. Spiller
4
9%
Russell Okung
38
81%
 
Total votes : 47
B-rad
Posts: 3046
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:46 am
Location: De La War

Postby brad7686 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Countertrey wrote:
andyjens89 wrote:Okung with #4 and Mike Iupati or Trent Williams in the 2nd!!


I don't see either making it past the first round. What's plan B?


Iupati could.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

the 'mudge
Posts: 14567
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:36 am

brad7686 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
andyjens89 wrote:Okung with #4 and Mike Iupati or Trent Williams in the 2nd!!


I don't see either making it past the first round. What's plan B?


Iupati could.


"COULD"....

Heck... Suh "COULD".

Sorry... I just don't see it as within the realm of "Likely". I see him moving up the board.

If he's there, and the plan is to use Campbell, Iupati would absolutely be the pick... but, that's just not likely to happen.

So, what's your fall back?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: I'm a Masshole

Postby TincoSkin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:26 pm

okung:

2008 (Junior): The anchor of the Cowboy offensive line ... Played especially well in big games ... Battled Texas defensive end Brian Orakpo, the Big 12 defensive player of the year, to a draw ... Helped lead OSU to its third straight Big 12 rushing title and top 10 national rankings in scoring and total offense as well as rushing ... OSU is also among the top 20 in fewest sacks allowed ... Led OSU with 71 knockdown blocks ... Also topped the Cowboys with 27 "dominating" blocks ... Was in for 874 snaps



lets make it happen
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 16065
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:41 pm

TincoSkin wrote:okung:

2008 (Junior): The anchor of the Cowboy offensive line ... Played especially well in big games ... Battled Texas defensive end Brian Orakpo, the Big 12 defensive player of the year, to a draw ... Helped lead OSU to its third straight Big 12 rushing title and top 10 national rankings in scoring and total offense as well as rushing ... OSU is also among the top 20 in fewest sacks allowed ... Led OSU with 71 knockdown blocks ... Also topped the Cowboys with 27 "dominating" blocks ... Was in for 874 snaps



lets make it happen

Did he have to play for the Cowpies? I know it's a different state and everything, but still... :puke:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

piggie
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:23 am
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL

Postby FireVinny » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Trade down to Buffalo at 9, plus their second, take Bruce Campbell at 9, Terrence Cody at 37 and Mike Johnson at 41.

Assuming we install the 3-4 and Haynesworth is a better fit at DE than NT, Cody is perfect for us. If those two assumptions are off, I'd target a DE/OLB.

Mike Johnson is better than Iupati for a zone blocking scheme. He would be perfect in Shanahan's offense.
Since Chris Samuels, on the first day of the draft:
O-Line: 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D-Line: 0
WR: 4

Canes Skin
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:44 pm

FireVinny wrote:Trade down to Buffalo at 9, plus their second, take Bruce Campbell at 9, Terrence Cody at 37 and Mike Johnson at 41.

Assuming we install the 3-4 and Haynesworth is a better fit at DE than NT, Cody is perfect for us. If those two assumptions are off, I'd target a DE/OLB.

Mike Johnson is better than Iupati for a zone blocking scheme. He would be perfect in Shanahan's offense.


Why would the Bills make that trade?
Suck and Luck

|||
Posts: 4309
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:32 am

I actually feel this year has a couple cant miss prospects. Suh and Berry are both two of the best prospects to come along in a while. When is the last time we have seen a player as dominant as Suh? How about Eric Berry? Berry has an impressive highlight reel. Said to be the next Ed Reed.
If either Berry or Suh drops a team may want to trade up?

Also consider the fact that there is always a team who falls in love with young QB prospects. If both Clausen or Bradford are available? This opens a possibility for a trade down at no.4.

To win in this league you need a franchise QB. With that fact there is always a possibility of a team trading up if they feel they have found there guy. If Bradford and Clausen drop to no.4? These teams are the ones I feel might be interested.

Kansas City at no. 5 needs a QB. Unlikely they will trade up since they sit at no.5 unless they feel the Skins are going to draft the QB they want. Still cant rule out anything.

Seattle at no. 6 Matt Hasselback is done. Seattle has the no.6 pick and the no. 14 pick. If they like Bradford or Clausen they may consider a trade up.
Buffalo at no.9. I cant even name there starting QB. They need a Qb.
Even Oakland with there already high priced first round failure of Russell may want a QB. Its Al Davis stranger things have happened before.

Denver Broncos at no.11 already have a decent QB in Orton. But, you never know they may fall in love with Clausen or Bradford?

San Francisco at no.13 really needs a QB to take that team to the next level. A team with two of the greatest QBs of all time. There is always a possibility. I think Frisco would love to have Clausen or Bradford. San Francisco also holds the no.17 pick as well.

Arizona Cardinals have Matt Leinart. I dont think that Arizona believes Leinart is the QB for them. I actually expect a deal to be made for Leinart with Seattle. Maybe Seattle gives up a second round pick for Leinart? Maybe they give up a first?(Not likely)
Hey Arizona has many pieces in place. They could afford to go after a high profile QB prospect.

Also the possibility of Suh or Berry dropping may present an opportunity. The QB scenario however is the most likely.
Last edited by HEROHAMO on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

piggie
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:23 am
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL

Postby FireVinny » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:12 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
FireVinny wrote:Trade down to Buffalo at 9, plus their second, take Bruce Campbell at 9, Terrence Cody at 37 and Mike Johnson at 41.

Assuming we install the 3-4 and Haynesworth is a better fit at DE than NT, Cody is perfect for us. If those two assumptions are off, I'd target a DE/OLB.

Mike Johnson is better than Iupati for a zone blocking scheme. He would be perfect in Shanahan's offense.


Why would the Bills make that trade?


2 reasons: the Bills are apparently desperate for a QB and there's a good likelihood that Clausen and Bradford are both gone by 9... 2 it works out mathwise.

I think there's a very good chance it happens if Bradford goes #1. In that case, Buffalo has no chance at Clausen slipping past Seattle at 6.

Math wise, 4th pick= 1800, 9th=1350, 41st=490... totals 1800 to 1840.

If Bradford and Clausen are both still available at 4 the Bills will probably still want to move up, but probably won't be as desperate to do so... in that case, we would probably have to give up our 5, which would make both sides even at 1840.

I can see Seattle wanting to stay ahead of Buffalo and trying to trade up as well, but I don't see the math working there.
Since Chris Samuels, on the first day of the draft:
O-Line: 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D-Line: 0
WR: 4

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1903
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:42 pm

Postby fredp45 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:24 pm

I hear the 49'ers would like to get a top 5 pick and are willing to trade away both of their picks in the first round to make that happen.

We own the 4th pick which is = 1800
They have the 13th = 1150 & 16 = 1000 picks. Total = 2150

Therefore, to make this happen we either need to throw in a player or maybe they'll be happy with a swap of our 2nd rounders. Our 2nd rounder is worth about 100 pts more than theirs on the value chart. It might require that we throw in our 4th rounder next year too.

I'd do this trade. We'd get two top players in the first half of the first round and another quality player 1/3 the way through the 2nd round. We could get a OT or QB with 13, the QB/OT at 16, and another OL or NT with the 2nd round pick. An eventual starting center could be found with the 4th round pick.

I'd consider this a quality draft for us.

|||
Posts: 4309
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:31 pm

Heres a thought. What if Suh drops to no.4 and no one wants to trade up?
We would almost have to draft him right? I mean a talent like that does not come along too often.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

B-rad
Posts: 3046
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:46 am
Location: De La War

Postby brad7686 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:37 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Heres a thought. What if Suh drops to no.4 and no one wants to trade up?
We would almost have to draft him right? I mean a talent like that does not come along too often.


Correct. Won't happen probly but who knows.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:24 am

HEROHAMO wrote:Heres a thought. What if Suh drops to no.4 and no one wants to trade up?
We would almost have to draft him right? I mean a talent like that does not come along too often.

We can't pass on Suh, but if that happens then hopefully we could trade him for more value. But it's not going to happen. He's really good. You can't compare him to someone like Brady who is at a big program in a position of need with question marks. Obviously with his performance with the Browns, the q's about Brady's real ability were valid. But Suh's the real deal, he won't fall even to 4.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:36 pm
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne England

Postby newcastleskinsfan » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:43 pm

I think that JC deserves another season before we discard him . Bradford is tempting if his shoulder is cleared but i'm hoping and praying that we take the best OT available for this pick . If Okung is still there as many believe then we have to make him our no1 pick for 2010 .

If Colt McCoy is still there in the 2nd then take him as a player to develop.

|||
Posts: 4309
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:37 am

Minnesota may also be interested in drafting a QB? We just don't know how many more years Farve has left. So you never know what they are thinking?
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:33 am

HEROHAMO wrote:Minnesota may also be interested in drafting a QB? We just don't know how many more years Farve has left. So you never know what they are thinking?

Didn't Favre say he's retiring for real this time? It's money in the bank!

ROTFALMAO
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010