4th pick in 2010

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.

Who should the Redskins pick 4th in the draft?

Sam Bradford
6%
Eric Berry
4%
C.J. Spiller
9%
Russell Okung
81%

Total votes : 47
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:47 am

Rebuilding the offensive line is going to take a while and I agree that Dockery will most likely be here to help out - now that's a statement!

Dockery may be here for a little longer but when we get a decent odffensive line, one player that will not be a part of it is Derrick Dockery :lol:

I really hope we can find a way to move that #4 pick and get more players - if Dockery can be considered one of our better lineman, then we really need to find a way to get better linemen in here and soon :roll:
Griffin can become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:13 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I really hope we can find a way to move that #4 pick and get more players

Thank you, reality. You "hope we can find a way." I am sick of the idiots who just say we have to trade down as if trades can be made unilaterally. I'm with you Jock, we have lots of holes and if we can "find a way" to trade down and get the right return it would be excellent.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:53 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Rebuilding the offensive line is going to take a while and I agree that Dockery will most likely be here to help out - now that's a statement!

Dockery may be here for a little longer but when we get a decent odffensive line, one player that will not be a part of it is Derrick Dockery :lol:

I really hope we can find a way to move that #4 pick and get more players - if Dockery can be considered one of our better lineman, then we really need to find a way to get better linemen in here and soon :roll:

What is your problem with Double D?
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:07 pm

I think we need to go O-line, We can probably wait until the team is better to work on qb. That said, I really hope that C.J. Spiller doesn't turn into Chris Johnson/AP and we didn't draft him. We have very very little star power on offense. I would say Fred Davis was the only star power we had on offense last year. Spiller could be dynamic, and if he is and we don't draft him, it could be frustrating down the line.
Last edited by brad7686 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:25 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
guys like Chad Rhinehart are not the sort of players we need around here and I would be surprised if he is still is a part of the mix here for very long - if you don't think it's important to not behave like that, then you probably are not motivated to be the best you can be

What's your problem with Chad? Mine is he isn't a very good OG, or hasn't hsown that he is one yet. If you have a problem with a guy getting drunk in the offseason and trying to get some late night pizza, then you have never had many young people working for you. He got drunk, was trying to get into a Pizza joint that was closed and a cop came by and arrested him for drunk in public.

That was the lamest arrest I have ever seen for public intoxication.

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:37 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:Rebuilding the offensive line is going to take a while and I agree that Dockery will most likely be here to help out - now that's a statement!
I really hope we can find a way to move that #4 pick and get more players, because if Dockery can be considered one of our better lineman, then we really need to find a way to get a bunch of good linemen in here and soon :roll:

What is your problem with Double D?

I have no problem with Dockery. It's just that if he's considered one of the guys we should keep then we are in pretty deep do do - this means, to me anyway, that we've really got a lot of work to do to put together a good offensive line and that does not happen with just a draft or 2 - Saturday has been Manning's center for 10 years

the biggest issue I have is that from what I have gathered here at THN:
1) the O line takes a long while to be really effective
2) the offensive line is even more important in the NFC East

while I would love to see the Redskins be competing for a playoff spot I'm more interested in seeing a consistently competitive team on the field again - I do not want to be like the Giants and win a Super Bowl ONLY because they were lucky (IF they played that game a 100 times, NY would only win 1)- I want a better team than that and I am happy if Shanahan takes 3 to 4 years to make it happen - we'll win some along the way but to me it is more important to do this right and not go for the quick fix that so many seem to want - we are going to need a few years to get this offensive line straightened out

hopefully Snyder let's them have the time to do it right

I'm begining to hope that Shanahan and Allen really like Bradford and can bring him in here and take their time re-building the offense around him - even if it takes 3-4 years to then have a future great as your QB for years to come, is very exciting
Griffin can become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:15 pm

brad7686 wrote:I think we need to go O-line, We can probably wait until the team is better to work on qb. That said, I really hope that C.J. Spiller doesn't turn into Chris Johnson/AP and we didn't draft him. We have very very little star power on offense. I would say Fred Davis was the only star power we had on offense last year. Spiller could be dynamic, and if he is and we don't draft him, it could be frustrating down the line.

I doesn't matter if someone with a OL drafts Spiller and he becomes the best back in the NFL for 5 years! If we draft him with no OL and no QB he would maybe make a couple big plays, but would be a "bust".

I say "bust" because there is no way he could be productive for us with our current OL/QB situation. It would take at least two years to fix the line before you could get any return for your investment and by then every Redskins fan would be running out of town and the Danny would be looking for a replacement for Allen and Shanny.

If the Skins draft Spiller, either Allen or Shanahan or both, will be looking for a new job in a couple of years.

A BACK CAN NOT DO WELL WITH AN OL!!!!!!!!!! or a QB to keep the D honest!

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:29 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
brad7686 wrote:I think we need to go O-line, We can probably wait until the team is better to work on qb. That said, I really hope that C.J. Spiller doesn't turn into Chris Johnson/AP and we didn't draft him. We have very very little star power on offense. I would say Fred Davis was the only star power we had on offense last year. Spiller could be dynamic, and if he is and we don't draft him, it could be frustrating down the line.

I doesn't matter if someone with a OL drafts Spiller and he becomes the best back in the NFL for 5 years! If we draft him with no OL and no QB he would maybe make a couple big plays, but would be a "bust".

I say "bust" because there is no way he could be productive for us with our current OL/QB situation. It would take at least two years to fix the line before you could get any return for your investment and by then every Redskins fan would be running out of town and the Danny would be looking for a replacement for Allen and Shanny.

If the Skins draft Spiller, either Allen or Shanahan or both, will be looking for a new job in a couple of years.

A BACK CAN NOT DO WELL WITH AN OL!!!!!!!!!! or a QB to keep the D honest!

I'm kind of backing off that comment a little, ESPN has him listed under 200 lbs., he looks bigger but apparently not. He's also not Chris Johnson fast. But he still is fast as hell.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:30 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:A BACK CAN NOT DO WELL WITH AN OL!!!!!!!!!! or a QB to keep the D honest!

I assume you mean "without" an O-Line.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:45 pm

Tebow = more leadership than we've had at QB since Joe Theismann
HAIL

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:57 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Tebow = more leadership than we've had at QB since Joe Theismann

Tebow = Tight end.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:33 pm

Only QB I like coming out is Tony Pike.. but to keep with the thread.. OKUNG!!!.. anything less would be uncivilized.. like Barkley
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Tebow = more leadership than we've had at QB since Joe Theismann

Tebow = can't read a defense

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:23 pm

Okung with #4 and Mike Iupati or Trent Williams in the 2nd!!
XVII XXII XXVI

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:29 pm

andyjens89 wrote:Okung with #4 and Mike Iupati or Trent Williams in the 2nd!!

I don't see either making it past the first round. What's plan B?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010