To The Draft Junkie Out There

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Site Admin

To The Draft Junkie Out There

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:39 pm

Are you an NFL draft junkie? Do you follow college sports enough to think that you've got a firm grasp on the talent that will be available in the 2010 draft? If you do, we want to hear from you.

In years past, THN has endeavored to cover the draft as fully and completely as possible, but it's a daunting task. I know that it's a valuable resource for Redskin football fans, but the truth is that sometimes we don't have the resources to do everything for you that we would like to. So I'm looking for help.

I would like to find one or two guys that are interested in writing a few draft articles for THN. We aren't looking for articles that are necessary Pulitzers, but we are looking for guys that are willing to put together some timely pieces and help us out.

In the interest in brevity, what I would like to do is ask that anybody who might be interested in such an endeavor, do so now! To help me determine whether or not the interested party can fit the bill, i would like whomever is interested to submit a sample of work to me via PM on the board.

You can write about whatever you would like as it pertains to the draft. You can do a player profile on a prospect... you can break down the Redskins first round pick and what you think would be the Redskins' best choice... you can write a piece about what you think the Redskins should do with all of their draft picks... you could even do a 'Team Needs' for a team OTHER than the Redskins if you follow some other team almost as closely as you follow the Redskins.

We will likely post some of the submissions, and we would like to find one or two guys in that bunch that would be interested in writing some more stuff. Let's face it - there's a lot that can be covered... Senior Bowl wrap-up... combine articles... pro day synopses... there's endless material.

So if you think that you're up to the task - get writing. Know that we firmly believe in proofing and spellchecking, so please make sure that your work has been checked before you submit.

We would also like to do some Mock Drafts... we may just keep this on the board or in the blogs... but we may expand it and have an online Mock or two, as well as perhaps a mock draft muncher.

We will open a specific draft forum again this year, and we will probably do so at the beginning of February as the 2009 NFL season comes to an official close.

Thanks for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:11 pm

I don't think I qualify since "Joebonics" really isn't a language. I'm working on it though :P
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:12 pm

I dabbled in it a little last year. I'll write some more stuff if you want.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm

brad7686 wrote:I dabbled in it a little last year. I'll write some more stuff if you want.

You did some good stuff last year, brad.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:26 pm

I'll put something together for you on some of the 1st round projected offensive line prospects that are out there.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:39 pm

Glad to hear it guys and PM me something when you have time and we'll go from there.

LPJ... maybe we can get a Glossary of Joebonics going and then start putting out Joebonic Blogs... has a nice ring to it. :-)
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:50 pm

VetSkinsFan wrote:
brad7686 wrote:I dabbled in it a little last year. I'll write some more stuff if you want.

You did some good stuff last year, brad.

Thanks, I have an unusual interest in the draft, considering i'm a redskins fan. I really shouldn't be that excited most years.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010