Mel Kiper's First Mock Draft

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:25 pm

The way I see it we have no OT's that belong in the league, and a QB that is in the top half among starters. Not saying that will be enough in the end, but having no OT's that are above CFL level WILL affect the team in a negative way for sure. I don't know where you guys are finding these magical free agent OT's at, but I don't see them. Unless we somehow wrestle McNeill away from SD for HUGE money.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:43 pm

The problem is that Campbell leaving appears to be the assumption at this point, but that's entirely due to the Redskins FO view of him. So we're left with no QB and no line. Tough to fill both in one year, even if it is an uncapped 2010.

I can't see the justification for drafting any QB with an assumption that he'll play in 2010. But if that's the case, why not wait a year to get a QB anyway, and go balls to the wall on OL this offseason?
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:31 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:The problem is that Campbell leaving appears to be the assumption at this point, but that's entirely due to the Redskins FO view of him. So we're left with no QB and no line. Tough to fill both in one year, even if it is an uncapped 2010.

I can't see the justification for drafting any QB with an assumption that he'll play in 2010. But if that's the case, why not wait a year to get a QB anyway, and go balls to the wall on OL this offseason?
=D>
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:The problem is that Campbell leaving appears to be the assumption at this point, but that's entirely due to the Redskins FO view of him. So we're left with no QB and no line. Tough to fill both in one year, even if it is an uncapped 2010.

If we go all out for OL this year we can draft starters for us in the first and second rounds (there are some quality OL projected for the second round.
We can also pick up an FA or two-- all of which will drastically improve our OL. I'm all for it. However, I do not fool myself into believing that we can then pick up a franchise QB next year. With an improved Ol we'll be back to 8 and 8 or so and out of contention for a top QB. When I say pick Okung at #4, I am also saying that we'll have to stick with Campbell and hope he improves.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:27 pm

Well, I would say with the regime change if JC is leaving or not is completely unknown at this point. Shanahan could well decide JC is the one to fill the role while he grooms a younger replacement. Probably JC's salary demands, another unknown, will have a significant impact as well and we don't know if he's a RFA or UFA at this point. We just don't know what's going to happen right now.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:28 am

We may not know a lot of things but one thing for sure is I'm tired of "wishing & hoping" that certain players are going to be able to make the other players around them better
that was the mantra last year "let's give these guys on the O line a chance, we hope that they they will be fine and we can add to that next year ..." :shock:
"we are hoping will see a lot of improvement from Campbell this year because he's had a whole year with Zorn" :lol:

give me a break - let Shanahan and Allen and whomever else is in the FO (NOT Snyder) do their thing and we all need to be very patient - we will need at least 2 drafts and possibly 3 - IF we can get a QB to come in here and learn behind whoever is starting here we can then insert him when we have the offense ready for him

I am sure these guys will not be like crazyhorse suggests and "hope" for anything to happen - the only hope here is that we will not be managing this team "wishing and hoping" like Snyder and Cerrato did :lol:
Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:40 am

I am not exactly in favor of drafting Bradford BUT whoever they pick at #4 better be a really good player for this team for many years - we need to consider the thinking of the present FO not the past FO - how good are the players we select to be a part of this franchise this year and next going to be to this franchise in 2013 and beyond?

OK - here's the question - is Okung likely to be more important to this franchise in 4-10 years than Bradford?

hopefully the FO will find a way to add many players not just a few - we are a franchise that has just gone 4-12 and while we could have won a couple that we lost we also won games we should not have - we are in terrible shape :roll:
Hail to the Redskins

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:20 pm

SkinsJock wrote:OK - here's the question - is Okung likely to be more important to this franchise in 4-10 years than Bradford?

Okung is irrelevant in that question, as is anyone else except Bradford with the #4 pick. The only question with Bradford is if they think he's the real thing or not. If he is (they think) the real thing and available, we take him. If not, then he's out and it's a question of what the best move with the pick is. But you don't pass on a projected franchise QB with any pick if you don't have one.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:32 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:OK - here's the question - is Okung likely to be more important to this franchise in 4-10 years than Bradford?

Okung is irrelevant in that question, as is anyone else except Bradford with the #4 pick. The only question with Bradford is if they think he's the real thing or not. If he is (they think) the real thing and available, we take him. If not, then he's out and it's a question of what the best move with the pick is. But you don't pass on a projected franchise QB with any pick if you don't have one.

Yea, and I just don't see him as a guy who can't miss. He played on a team that was exponentially better than most of their opponents. When you watch film he has guys wide open on most of his big plays. Its not his fault that his team was so good, but at the same time its hard to evaluate him because of it. He's obviously coming off a shoulder injury, and his arm strength was already questionable before that. He is accurate. I would def. take Claussen over Bradford though.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:29 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote: The only question with Bradford is if they think he's the real thing or not. If he is (they think) the real thing and available, we take him. If not, then he's out and it's a question of what the best move with the pick is. But you don't pass on a projected franchise QB with any pick if you don't have one.

thanks Kaz - that's what I'm hoping for too - all i want is for these guys to select Bradford if they think in a few years or more that he could be very good - IMO we are not going to get a chance to find someone that good at QB if at all

I totally agree with the thinking that there is no question about selecting a QB with that pick as long as they think he will be really good - I don't care if he does not play until 2012 - as long as they think he will be really good we need to get him for the future :D
Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:46 pm

A lot of people don't believe you can trade the #4 pick...I don't agree.

Last year the Browns traded the 4th pick to the Jets, who wanted a QB.

Could one of the following teams want Bradford bad enough to move up?

Panthers
Jags
Dolphins
Bills
Broncos
Raiders
49'ers
Seattle

I could see a couple of these teams saying, we have a pretty good oline, why wait for our pick to get a QB, let's go get 'um!

We need Oline and more picks this year.

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:00 pm

Just wondering...

If we did pick Bradford will the Redskins get futher pressure to change their name? Bradford is an official citizen of the Cherokee Nation. He's the first Cherokee since Sonny Sixkiller to start at QB for a Div I team!

Interesting story line...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:30 pm

This name "stuff" is over - Bradford may be on this team but nothing is going to affect the Redskins team name

I would love for the 49ers to give one of their 2 picks and whatever else Shanahan and Allen can get - thankfully Cerrato & Snyder don't run this franchise anymore :D
Hail to the Redskins

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:49 pm

fredp45 wrote:A lot of people don't believe you can trade the #4 pick...I don't agree.

Last year the Browns traded the 4th pick to the Jets, who wanted a QB.

Could one of the following teams want Bradford bad enough to move up?

Panthers
Jags
Dolphins
Bills
Broncos
Raiders
49'ers
Seattle

I could see a couple of these teams saying, we have a pretty good oline, why wait for our pick to get a QB, let's go get 'um!

We need Oline and more picks this year.

It is a good list of team that need QBs but I think you can scratch the Panthers and Phins off that list. They have their QBs of the future on their squads.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:59 pm

Bradford , Clausen , Okung , Berry , Suh , Spiller

I could rock with any of them...fast forward me to the draft I can't take it anymore!

Don't disregard Tebow either.
HAIL

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010