Tebow's Our Future Leader Get Used To It

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:42 am

brad7686 wrote:
Gibbs4Life wrote:Folks he's not going to go in the 2nd. He was never going to get past 10.
The Jaguars are in serious trouble financially and Tebow's star power alone makes selecting him a must. If we want him, he has to be no.4

I'll bet you $1000 he doesn't get taken in the top ten. Put your money where your mouth is.

I got 100 pennies that say Tebow will go in the first round, but not top 10.. :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:45 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:Folks he's not going to go in the 2nd. He was never going to get past 10.
The Jaguars are in serious trouble financially and Tebow's star power alone makes selecting him a must. If we want him, he has to be no.4

Then we don't want him. Its settled. Next prediction?

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:49 am

Jeremy81 wrote:Next prediction?

Ken Harvey and Dexter Manley will return.. you heard it first here 8)
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:24 am

Luckily we have football people in place who can make informed decisions, and when we select Tebow at no.4 it will be because we need leadership, toughness, and something special at the quarterback position.
HAIL

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:43 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:Luckily we have football people in place who can make informed decisions, and when we select Tebow at no.4 it will be because we need leadership, toughness, and something special at the quarterback position.

A running back?
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:09 pm

Because the general manager of the Jax Jags monitors thehogs.net to see what we fans say will happen?

No but this thread now shows up on Google under Shanahan Tebow and it just adds the hint to the jags that if they want him they're gonna have to trade up into the top 3, which I don't want them to do.
HAIL

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:16 pm

A running back?

Did Tebow win the heisman as a running back?

Did he win 2 Nat'l Championships as a RB?

Did he take the Gators to the SEC Championship this yr as a RB?

Was he the most recruited RB coming out of High School?

The answer is no, he has acheived all those things as a Quarterback.

The other angle to this is once we snag Tebow, Jacksonville will panic and probably offer the moon, I'm talking Mike Ditka style
HAIL

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:36 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:
A running back?

The answer is no, he has acheived all those things as a Quarterback.

The other angle to this is once we snag Tebow, Jacksonville will panic and probably offer the moon, I'm talking Mike Ditka style

fhe bet still stands 1000 bucks he doesn't go top ten. you in? its important to back your statements
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:59 pm

Where do you come up with this stuff? The Jags, despite having a Pro Bowl qb, are going to take Tebow with a top 10 pick? ROTFALMAO
Suck and Luck

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:12 pm

Tebow was a glorified fullback at UF. Games in which he was forced to throw a lot Florida struggled in bigtime. See, for example, the 2007 losses to LSU and Georgia.

Tebow only started on one of those national championship teams. Chris Leak was the starting qb in 2006. Tebow's role on that team was primarily as a runner.

As for their 2007 national championship win, go back and watch that game and you will see that Harvin was as, if not more, important than Tebow against Oklahoma.

Did you watch the Gators play this year? Their offense struggled at times after losing Harvin and Mullen, and their defense was the best unit on that team.

Tebow was certainly not the most recruited qb in the 2006 class. Rivals, for example, had Musstain and Stafford both ranked ahead of Tebow at the qb position. Overall, Tebow was the 22nd ranked recruit by Rivals that year. Highy recruited, yet. The most recruited, certainly not. That same year Urban Meyer also tried to bring in Jevon Snead, but he decommitted and went to Texas instead.
Last edited by CanesSkins26 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suck and Luck

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:22 pm

According to this mock draft here's Tebow:

45. Denver Broncos -- Tim Tebow, QB, Florida

nowhere near top 10... borderline top 10 QBs drafted.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:48 pm

VetSkinsFan wrote:According to this mock draft here's Tebow:

45. Denver Broncos -- Tim Tebow, QB, Florida

nowhere near top 10... borderline top 10 QBs drafted.

The Skins would be absolutely insane to draft Tebrow. He has no chance whatsoever of being an effective NFL quarterback and can only serve the Jags, which needs him to sell tickets for a couple of years before the bubble bursts. He's simply not a quality passer and he's not going to run over NFL players like he ran over collegians. To rationally think anyone but the Jags will take him early is to believe that someone will use him to make a deal with the Jags. He has nowhere near the potential at QB that Michael Vick had when he was drafted,

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:52 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:
Because the general manager of the Jax Jags monitors thehogs.net to see what we fans say will happen?

No but this thread now shows up on Google under Shanahan Tebow and it just adds the hint to the jags that if they want him they're gonna have to trade up into the top 3, which I don't want them to do.

They don't have to move up to three. They can just trade up to four with us so kansas city doesn't take him. Jaguars can give us all their 2010 draft picks so tim tebow won't go to kansas city, or for sure, cleveland. It would be a hard trade for us to make, considering tebow is john elway reincarnated, but a good trade nonetheless...

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:59 pm

Why do y'all even play along? #-o

Do you actually expect any of us to take you seriously Gibbs4Life?

Let's see... you have had us trading up to draft Suh, drafting Mark Ingram, and now drafting Tim Tebow.

You have also had us trading for Jay Cutler, trading (Jason Campbell) for Brandon Marshall and belly aching that we didn't get Mark Sanchez.

And if we were going to draft a QB, why wouldn't we take Sam Bradford? I mean I personally haven't seen a single draft board that doesn't have Bradford and Claussen ahead of Tebow... some have McCoy, Snead, Canfield and Pike ahead of him too... but we're going to draft Tebow at number four? Just because the Jags owner likes Tebow, doesn't mean they'll give up a bunch to get him IMO... if he falls to them at number ten MAYBE, but it could just all be posturing on Jacksonville's part. Teams tend to fawn over just about everyone except the guy they REALLY like.

I find it comical that in none of your 'suggestions' is there even mention of an offensive lineman. That doesn't mean we'll take one at number four, but we sure need one (IMO we should take Russell Okung or trade down for an extra pick and grab Bulaga). Why not be creative and talk about how 'smart' we'd be to draft a Maryland o-line product like Bruce Campbell and then lay out a scenario? At least then people wouldnt find your posts so far out. Perhaps the most comical part is how 'sure' you are each time. Attention seeking maybe?

For the record, the boy who cried wolf wasn't believed on his third crack.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:46 pm

Shanahan knows whats best for this team, he's scouting Tebow for good reason.
HAIL

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010