Tebow's Our Future Leader Get Used To It

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
G4L
Posts: 2357
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:45 pm
Location: no

Postby Gibbs4Life » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:15 pm

Tebow will work harder than any rookie to succeed in the league
HAIL

08 Champ
Posts: 12916
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Tebow will work harder than any rookie to succeed in the league


where is there any indication from anyone connected to this franchise that Tebow is likely to be the choice for QB here over Bradford and Claussen? I agree that Tebow MIGHT be worth a something (not much, but something ..) BUT, with all the needs and all the other players, where is there anything we can grasp, to lend credence to the statement "Tebow is going to be QB of the Redskins"??

please explain that or just say that you think it sounds like or that you'd like to see this - please explain this statement, if you don't mind :lol:
Hail to the Redskins

Canes Skin
Posts: 6661
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:Tebow will work harder than any rookie to succeed in the league


And he still wont be a qb.
Suck and Luck

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: Sterling, Virginia

Postby SKINFAN » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:05 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:
Gibbs4Life wrote:Tebow will work harder than any rookie to succeed in the league


And he still wont be a qb.


lol, canes hates gators.
#21 (36) This IS and will always be the High watermark where all new DB's are measured.


Proverbs 27:17

^^^^^^^
Posts: 8987
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:05 am

He ran pretty dag on good at the combine. The guys said that if he can improve his throwing motion, then he'll be competing for the #3 QB over McCoy. His on field leadership, success, etc have a lot to do with why he's loved so much by people.

kazoo
Posts: 10081
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:26 am

SkinsJock wrote:where is there any indication from anyone connected to this franchise that Tebow is likely to be the choice for QB here over Bradford and Claussen?

I personally haven't heard that from anyone in this franchise, anyone in the NFL or anyone who analyzes the NFL...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

G4L
Posts: 2357
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:45 pm
Location: no

Postby Gibbs4Life » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Obviously no one in the organization is going to come out and just tell everyone who they want. But the clues are there, see post#1 of this thread
HAIL

Site Admin
Posts: 9282
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:34 am
Location: London, Ontario

Postby BossHog » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:45 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Obviously no one in the organization is going to come out and just tell everyone who they want. But the clues are there, see post#1 of this thread


What makes you think he didn't?

12 pages of posts, don't even come close to diluting the delusion

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:where is there any indication from anyone connected to this franchise that Tebow is likely to be the choice for QB here over Bradford and Claussen?

I personally haven't heard that from anyone in this franchise, anyone in the NFL or anyone who analyzes the NFL...


Gibbs4Life analyzes the NFL - just not always accurately or coherently.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

kazoo
Posts: 10081
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:34 pm

BossHog wrote:
Gibbs4Life wrote:Obviously no one in the organization is going to come out and just tell everyone who they want. But the clues are there, see post#1 of this thread


What makes you think he didn't?

12 pages of posts, don't even come close to diluting the delusion

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:where is there any indication from anyone connected to this franchise that Tebow is likely to be the choice for QB here over Bradford and Claussen?

I personally haven't heard that from anyone in this franchise, anyone in the NFL or anyone who analyzes the NFL...


Gibbs4Life analyzes the NFL - just not always accurately or coherently.

OK, fair enough. :lol:
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:25 pm
Location: Columbia MD

Postby skins2357 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:42 pm

I know I am going to get scolded for this, but I WANT the Skins to take Tebow in the 2nd round. After watching him at the combine, I think he has the drive and determination to succeed in the NFL. Yes his throwing motion is jacked up, he needs to learn to read a defense better, but I think those are things the Shannys can help him with and I think he has the drive to work his tail off on them.

The fact is that I believe he COULD be great at this level. He has that drive and determination that sets him apart. I think that he will work his tail off to get his motion right and with constant work and coaching supervision, he might end up pretty good. He has that swagger and leadership that we have lacked for so long. If he improves his motion and defense reading, there is no reason he should not be a starting QB.

Now that being said, if he is drafted I want him sitting for 1-2 years learning and practicing. I would try to sign Campbell to a 2 yr extension, let him play and build the team around him in the process. By the time Tebow is ready, the team should be built around him. All this if we can get him in the 2nd round, no way in you know where any earlier
Mike/Bruce - If your going to spring big this year in Free Agency, please spring big on offensive lineman! I cant watch Rabach anymore!

**LPJ**
Posts: 6281
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:54 pm

skins2357 wrote:I know I am going to get scolded for this, but I WANT the Skins to take Tebow in the 2nd round.


Naw, not scolded at all bro but what majority of us are saying is NOT to use our 1st pick for him.. majority of us, definitely not all of us :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

kazoo
Posts: 10081
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:20 pm

skins2357 wrote:I know I am going to get scolded for this, but I WANT the Skins to take Tebow in the 2nd round. After watching him at the combine, I think he has the drive and determination to succeed in the NFL. Yes his throwing motion is jacked up, he needs to learn to read a defense better, but I think those are things the Shannys can help him with and I think he has the drive to work his tail off on them.

But why a second rounder when everyone seems to think he's going to be available in the late rounds? You go to a car dealer, and the car you want is costs $20,000, but it's worth $30,000 to you. How much are you going pay for the car?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

^^^^^^^
Posts: 8987
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:02 pm

Tebow's probably going to go in the 2nd or 3rd round at the latest. I haven't heard anyone say he's a late round pick guy. But feel free to share.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:25 pm
Location: Columbia MD

Postby skins2357 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Kazoo, the reason is simple....we dont have a 3rd rounder and he wont be there in the 4th. I understand its a high risk, but the reward could be even higher. I also believe that he wont make it out of the 2nd round. I think that if we took him in round 2, schooled him for a couple seasons and focused on building the team up, that when he was ready we could be pretty dang good....ala Rogers in GB (minus the Favre problems)
Mike/Bruce - If your going to spring big this year in Free Agency, please spring big on offensive lineman! I cant watch Rabach anymore!

kazoo
Posts: 10081
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:46 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Tebow's probably going to go in the 2nd or 3rd round at the latest. I haven't heard anyone say he's a late round pick guy. But feel free to share.

It's CLEARLY posted on Kaz's draft board, in my head. Or did I forget to mention that?

I thought people were saying he was projected to be more in the fourth round plus, but I don't care enough to look it up and would rather just go ahead and concede since you're more sure then I am. I personally wouldn't draft him to be a quarterback in any round. We need to stop drafting guys who either beat the snot out of Southwest Weber State Technical College or who went to major programs and aren't big enough and/or throw funny.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010